Chalean Extreme help

Options
Hello! I just finished my last lift session of Chalean Extreme today. Tomorrow will be my final workout and I will have completed the full three months. I didn't get great results but I know that is on me missing some of the cardio workouts due to illness (never missed a lift session) and my nutrition wasn't up to par by any means.

So my question/questions is What should I do next? I essentially want to continue to lift. So do I go on to the lean for life phase? Restart the last month (I really did struggle with lean, like I wasn't upping my weights like previous months as they progressed)? Restart the whole program or I even thought of maybe do a week of just cardio before jumping back into the program.

My goals are to continue to lose inches but I do need to drop around 50 pounds.

I have done Chalean Extreme before with great results and it is honestly my favorite program, so that is why I essentially want to stick with it in some shape. The hybrid schedules don't make me feel like the strength is really focused on as much and that there isn't a true method so I am hesitant to use them.

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,212 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I use Chalean Extreme as well - I tend to ignore their 'hybrid' schedule and do my own, which usually consists of doing all 3 programs from the burn/lean/other (can't remember the name right now) in a week and alternating between them. So one week I'll do the burn routines, the next week I"ll do the lean routines and the third week I do the last one. Then on week four I"m back to burn.
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    I use Chalean Extreme as well - I tend to ignore their 'hybrid' schedule and do my own, which usually consists of doing all 3 programs from the burn/lean/other (can't remember the name right now) in a week and alternating between them. So one week I'll do the burn routines, the next week I"ll do the lean routines and the third week I do the last one. Then on week four I"m back to burn.

That's an idea....What do you do for the cardio days then? I am not a huge fan of the cardio in the program.