gonna start 30DS

Options
Good morning,
so today I am going to start 30DS. Very scary from what I undersstand :) I am hoping that this will help my weight loss journey. Anyway how do you count this exercise? I couldn't find it on MFP.
Thank you for the help.

Replies

• xarra
    xarra Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm also going to give it a go... Whimper.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    yeah - they should add 30 DS to the database - so many ppl are doing it. I'm doing it for the 30 days of September, my trip is Oct 8. I'm working up to it LOL
  • mrstrouty
    Options
    I'm into day 4 level 1....I log it as circuit training general.:happy:
  • twitbffl
    twitbffl Posts: 24
    Options
    The first couple days are hard, but it does get easier! I'm on day 7 of level 1 and I feel great when I complete the workout! I keep track of it under exercise as circuit training, general. It's about the same amount of calories the HRM shows. Good luck, and don't give up after a couple days. Push through and you'll be happy you did! :)
  • VelcroPooh
    VelcroPooh Posts: 152
    Options
    I started Zumba this week because I want to give 30DS a whirl but I figured I better work up to it! I'm going to try to start it September 1. Good luck with it and you can do it!
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 6 of level one. I also log it as Circuit training general. It is harder than it looks. I am still alittle sore in the legs and I was walking 3 miles a day with weights to get ready for it. But I can already feel the difference. You have to push through the sore parts I hope today is easier for me because I feel like I will never be ready for level 2
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    i logged it as circuit training. it estimates kind of high though compared to my HRM, but not so high.
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 level 1..1st day i had to stop a few times to catch my breath becuz i felt really dizzy going from cardio to abs and she doesnt stop either..but now i can go thru the whole workout w/out stopping but man does she make u sweat! Gotta ? im on day 3 of 30ds and weigh-in this morning and gained 2 lbs is that normal for starting a workout dvd? i walk every evening for 30mins and the 1st 2weeks of starting MFP and walking i lost 5lbs..now ive gained 2lb and a lil shocked! please give your input as to why i would have gained thanks!
  • VeggieMamaChristi
    VeggieMamaChristi Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just started this week on 30DS. Here is what I have learned so far -

#1 I had too heavy of weights. At the gym I have moved up to 10 lbs, so I thought I could do 8 lbs on 30DS. NOT TRUE for me. I had to go down to 5 lbs and still couldn't complete all of the part where you raise the weights to the front of you while side lunging.

#2 The cardio was VERY hard for me , especially the Jump Rope part. I do not know why that one more than others, but it kills me and I have had to kind of skip in place to catch my breath. I don't quit moving though

#3. It seems like it will never end while I am doing it but when it is over I realize how FAST it really is.

#4 - I log it as 20 minutes of circuit training. It is actually 27-ish minutes I think, but there are a few areas of transition and the warm up and cool down, so I just count it as 20 min.

#5 I have tried this 2 other times and have never made it to day 11 (when I get to switch to the 2nd workout) I am on day 2 of this attempt and am getting nervous about level 2 *grin*

#6 I have only done it 2 times and could see a difference in day #2. I am not sure if it is because I kind of knew what was coming and was more comfortable with it or what, but I was able to do more without modifying or stopping.

GOOD LUCK!!!! I can't wait to hear what you think!
  • VeggieMamaChristi
    VeggieMamaChristi Posts: 24 Member
    Options

please give your input as to why i would have gained thanks!

I am not a professional but one reason could be that you are adding in weights so should be building muscle. maybe your clothes fit better or your arms or legs or something got smaller but you didn't lose weight because you build muscle. There are other reasons that I am learning, but they are more complicate and have to do with sodium and over eating in any one nutrient category. I don't completely understand it all, but am learning!

Don't be discouraged!!! You are changing your life and making great life choices. Lets see what happens next week and maybe it will balance out with a larger loss.
  • esslgs
    esslgs Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm also going to give it a go... Whimper.

so I just finished my first 30 ds session. omg I'm tired but proud of myself. How did you do?