Runners? Yoga peeps?

Options
Hi guys!
I’m back again after a year away. Started this journey in 2011 @189 - lowest weight to date is 135 last year! Got lazy in my nutrition and gained back 25lbs which I’m now trying to dump.
In my life’s journey to become the best version of myself, I discovered yoga, which I thought I hated, but have discovered I LOVE!
What kept me away from it for so long was that I’m into the very essence of things rather then the “watered down western culture” of things. More spiritual then physical.
Along with yoga, I’ve discovered trail running and have signed up for my very first 25k in June from which I’m a LONG way from being ready for!!

Replies

• AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Welcome! If you haven't already, I'd recommend spending some time in the Fitness and Exercise forum -- a lot of runners hang out there :smile:
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Yes and yes. Love my running, love my yoga. Such a happy and healthful combination. Friend request sent.
  • mikeschratz
    mikeschratz Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I finally walked into a yoga class not expecting what to find or who would be there. Now today, it don't matter on either one. I finally found something to challenge myself, my Spiritual Center and calm the crazy that goes on. Looking for friends in MFP that are part of the Yoga Scene! Have a great day.
  • woodsm41
    woodsm41 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love both! Its the best way to go to feel great and be your best :) Im getting back myself after a knee injury and surgery. This was day one and I was on the treadmill for 30 and some wt training. A great start so far!
  • greenhalgh18
    greenhalgh18 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey u all ryt were u from