What's going on with 'recent' and 'frequent' foods?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
Something's really wrong there. My diary doesn't export to Fitbit properly anymore for one, for two... all the 'recent' foods show things I haven't eaten in days, and the apple I've been eating 5x a week and has been on top of the frequent list for years is just gone.

I'm not sure what has changed since Thursday but it's completely messed up (that's using the browser version, haven't really tried the app).

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,239 Member
    Options
    I use Recent, and it is the same as always.

Frequent, however, does seem to be having a sorting difficulty. Whether you sort by default or name, it sorts both by default.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I'm not experiencing any trouble with recent or frequent, but I am having the trouble with exporting data to FitBit. I have to double check now that all food logged has been recorded instead of relying on the shown calories left.
    It's annoying :/
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    The ham I had 2 days ago completely disappeared from my recent list today.

Having trouble with my home page as well. It's loading things from 20 hours a go instead of recent.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    I reported the abnormal behavior in this thread on the Feedback board, but I have not received a response from MFP yet.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10548863/recent-list-web-version-changes#latest

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing happen several months ago. It also started giving me very strange combinations for "foods eaten frequently with this food."
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,140 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I found when MFP changed the "they" genderless reference on the diary completion note that pops up in the newsfeed to using the person's name "zyxst's food and exercise diary was completed for 4/29/2017 and was under zyxst's calorie goal" is when my recent/frequent foods lists went off the rails.

I'm using the browser version, not the app.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    I found when MFP changed the "they" genderless reference on the diary completion note that pops up in the newsfeed to using the person's name "zyxst's food and exercise diary was completed for 4/29/2017 and was under zyxst's calorie goal" is when my recent/frequent foods lists went off the rails.

I'm using the browser version, not the app.

That's an interesting observation. The "they" always bugged me so I ignore those posts in my news feed and didn't realize they had been reworded.
  • A_Rene86
    A_Rene86 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. Foods I use all the time have just disappeared suddenly. Also, as @RuNaRoUnDaFiEld mentioned, my home page is showing posts from Friday afternoon and not recent.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my "recent foods" is stuck as if it is Thursday afternoon (most recent items are Thursday's lunch). "Frequent" is odd and quite long. All in browser. Mobile app seems normal function (but I mostly use browser).
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,140 Member
    Options
    jbFk2XgTpbuUw.gif
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Mine's been stuck for the last few days - mostly things that were just added should be at the top and end up several lines down. But some frequents are now on page 2.
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issues. The recent foods showing up are the things I ate last week and stuff from this morning or yesterday are nowhere to be found.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Same here. Also not sending all the food that I have eaten over to Fitbit.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Mine is screwed up too.
  • determined_14
    determined_14 Posts: 258 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I find the app now has problems with no longer sorting your "recent" or "frequent" foods by meal. So if I eat the same snack every day, and I go to add it from either of those lists, instead of only my snack foods, it has everything I've eaten recently or frequently for every meal, mixed all together in one list.
  • DallasFilby
    DallasFilby Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This issue has just started happening for me, so I searched to see if it's a problem for others and discovered here that it was a few months ago. I haven't yet found post that has a solution to it. I hope it can be fixed.
  • Synthespian
    Synthespian Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    2023 and the issue is also happening for me. Most recent seems stuck in some other past day and adding something today does not change it.