Sooooo tired of drinking water

Options

Replies

• theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Also, Yogi Tea makes Blueberry Green tea slim tea. Yogi Tea is cool b/c they have motivational quotes.
  • suggagina
    suggagina Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Please reward yourself sometimes!! Get that coke (12 0z can) once every now and then isn't gonna kill you. Enjoy that Coke and get back to your water.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    So quit forcing yourself. Unless you are spending alot of time sweating you can get by with minimal water, so long as your urine is still light and output still occurs. You can also choose foods with higher water content. Foods like lettuce, melon, grapes, and tomatoes have write a bit of water in them.
  • NativeFawn
    Options
    I am very new here but I am addicted to the same drink and feel the same way about "Diet " anything
    I like to use Real Lemon juice in my water bottle and that hepls change it up some. I also heard that the lemon can help with digestion but dont quote me cause I see nor feel any differant
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    You'll get used to it and not want anything else eventually. When I started in February, I only did like 5-6 cups a day and it was torture. After about a month I made myself do 7-8 and still torturous. Another month it was 10 cups (minimum) and I didn't mind it. Now, most days I do 14-17 a day without a second thought and I'm totally fine with it. Do I love water now? No. Do I crave it anytime I'm thirsty or hungry? Yes!

So, yeah, keep it up and it'll be second nature to you. I don't desire anything but water (unless I drank alcohol the night before, then it's Ginger Ale lol) nowadays.
  • greatdragon
    Options
    I would also like to point out that while water is good for you the idea that every one NEEDS to drink 8-10 cups of water is based on a 50 year old study that also included the water that most people get from food and in a normal diet we get about 20-30% of our needed water in our food soda, tea, most alcohols, have water in them a 12oz can of soda is good for about 9oz of water over a cup. so dont get me wrong water is great for you but don't worry about going over board on it

Watercress: 95% water
    Lettuce: 94% water
    Watermelon: 92% water
    Spinach: 92% water
    Strawberries: 92% water
    Water Chestnuts: 86% water
    Orange: 86% water
    Apple: 85% water
    Corn: 77% water
    Cooked Rice: 74% water
    Baked Potato: 71% water
    Pasta - al Dente: 69% water
  • GymFinity
    Options
    "Arnold Palmer Zero Half and Half" is really good and lets me get that sweet tooth entertained
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    Then stop drinking it. Eventually, you will get thirsty and want it again.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I don't put non food additives in my water, but I will add fruit, cucumber, mint leaves and even fresh ginger. I will also allow myself some fresh juice on occasion, preferably homemade. Most days I like it, but some days I just do it because it's good for me.
  • sknopps
    sknopps Posts: 166
    Options
    i'm addicted to strawberry watermelon mio. i think it tastes a million times better than crystal light.
  • sschiano
    sschiano Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    try this: put a jug of water in the fridge with a few slices of lemon, or lime, or cucumber, or strawberries, etc. not enough to turn the water color but just enough that when you drink it theres a hint of something there. if you want something stronger try the new MIO water flavorers
  • raven1114
    raven1114 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i love those MIO's i use them in my water. i also like lemon, orange and cucumber slices. i've never tried it with ginger but it sounds good so i may give that a try as well.
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Time....It takes time but you will change. I love love love water and other than tea, coffee (and booze) don't drink anything else. I have no desire for soda anymore.
  • mrsh101
    mrsh101 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have the same problem, I really don't like water and don't seem to be able to get myself to drink it much, I start with the best of intentions but then slowly but surely I stop. My suggestion is to mix water or soda water with a splash of flavoured cordial or juice to give it a bit of flavour. Also you can do just about any herbal tea cold.
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I get water boredom too. I alternate between plain green tea and cups of water or I put a splash of lemon in my water so that it tastes a little bit different.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I use a bit of sugar free squash in my water and the added taste helps
  • Erica1965
    Options
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I am also so sick of water and I don't really like it. I gave up diet soda all together so I drink flavored seltzer water and I brew Celestial Seasonings True Blueberry tea and chill it and use have the unsweetened ice tea in my water bottle for the gym and all throughout the day.
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi - lately I've been brewing peppermint tea and then putting it over ice. Tingly and refreshing, one teaspoon of sugar add 15 cals......

and for me has been a little diuretic. :bigsmile:

What a great idea!! I buy the Peppermint Tea Bags...could I do the same with these????

I loved the Mint Tea in Morrocco and always thought that it would have been nice Cold!
  • kellytime2lose
    kellytime2lose Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am on day 6 of no more diet coke...it was really hard the first couple of days but much better now. I too struggle with water...but forcing myself to drink more. I also like la croix...flavored sparkling water all natural. Good!