Workout DVD calorie burn

Options
Hi, Everyone! I hope someone can help me with this. I do a lot of bootcamp type workout videos...i.e. 10 minute solutions hard body boot camp, 10 minute solutions kick boxing boot camp and biggest loser boot camp. They all have a lot of push-ups, crunches, jumping jacks, etc. Does anyone know how I would figure out how many calories these workouts burn? I usually do them for between 30-50 minutes. Thanks so much!!!!

Replies

• TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is to invest in a heart rate monitor. It will give you a more accurate calculation. I got one about two years ago and never regretted spending the money!

I'm sure you can google calorie calculators though that will let you input your height, weight, and time you spent exercising and give a number. =)
  • klamont9
    klamont9 Posts: 59
    Options
    I agree. Buy a good HRM (not from Walmart). You will not regret it.
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I do the 30 day shred and was putting it in under circuit training for the amount of time....it was close to accurate. But I did just buy a HRM and I love it. I got the Timex Ironman Traithalon....it has the chest strap, does HR and calories and was about $65 (US dollas) from Amazon
  • angela360
    Options
    Thanks!! So much for the tips. I think I will invest in a HRM, that sounds like my best bet.