How do y'all make spaghetti/lasagna on keto?

Options
ASAIAHSMOMMY
ASAIAHSMOMMY Posts: 14 Member
Really wanting spaghetti or lasagna. I Miss my pasta so bad lol would like to make it tonight to fill the void. What do y'all use instead of pasta?

Replies

• lady_bug_jd
    lady_bug_jd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I've made spaghetti with zucchini noodles (Zoodles). Use a carrot peeler and peel the zucchini lengthwise to make thin strips. Once your sauce is ready put the zoodles in a pot of boiling water for about a minute.

I made futtucine alfredo the other day and used shirataki noodles. They are made of soy or yam and usually found near the tofu section. Rinse them under cold water, dry off, then place in dry pan for about 5 minutes. They have an odd smell at first but after cooked it goes away and they are very similar to regular noodles.
  • WendiMac2Be
    WendiMac2Be Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love zoodles too, or spaghetti squash
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    I've used zucchini strips instead of noodles. Works well.

skinnytaste.com/zucchini-lasagna/

This is a tasty dish with spaghetti squash. Also a link in the recipe for a low carb marinara sauce. You could easily serve this spaghetti style instead of using the skillet.

https://ibreatheimhungry.com/2017/04/cheesy-spaghetti-squash-skillet-keto-low-carb.html
  • xshandyx
    xshandyx Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Check out dietdoctor online over 400 keto recipes.. including pasta
  • JDeCory
    JDeCory Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Zoodles or choodles (choyote squash noodles made with a spiralizer). My friend bought Miracle Noodles and said they were very good. Those are zero calories and no carbs.
  • mic1018
    mic1018 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti Squash....
  • MsBode
    MsBode Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Zoodles! I LOVE pasta but it does not love me back. I usually keep a bag of these in the fridge.
  • cavatinne
    cavatinne Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    21 day fix spaghetti squash lasagna - so good....kills that craving for me. I use this recipe:
    https://confessionsofafitfoodie.com/2015/04/21-day-fix-spaghetti-squash-lasagna/
  • Gotrek1
    Gotrek1 Posts: 64 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I don't know what keto is so take with a grain of salt but I substitute zucchini straight up in my lasagna recipes. Delicious.

I made some yesterday.

Slice the zucchini into 1/4"slices or thinner, then I pan fry them until the brown a bit, Layer them in a dish with the rest of your lasagna fixing and bake for about 45 mins. @ 350

White lasagna I made yesterday was

Zucchini, ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, mozzarella, spinach, pesto

Not sure if those fit in a keto diet... but just layer like you would any lasagna and bake. I used forzen spinash and usually boil it quick and drain then cook a bit more to get more water out or the lasagna might be a bit soupy

Zuchini, ricotta / cottage ,spinash, pesto, mozarella, zuchinii, ricotta / cottage ,spinash, pesto, mozarella,i, ricotta / cottage ,spinash, pesto, mozarella,i, ricotta / cottage ,spinash, pesto, mozarella,i, ricotta / cottage ,spinash, pesto, mozarella, until your dish is full :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    zoodles or spaghetti squash...but it isn't pasta, that's for sure...
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I don't follow a keto diet, but . . . .
    Pizza chicken - saute thin sliced chicken breast, add tomato or pizza sauce (lower sugar) and simmer for 5 minutes. While it's simmering, add a layer of pepperoni and cheese, cover to melt the cheese. You can add other toppings/veggies if you'd like too - olives, mushrooms, bacon, etc. You can eat this over noodles.

Zucchini lasagna boats - hollow out a zucchini, add ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, ground beef or sausage, a little sauce - bake until zucchini is soft and everything is heated through. Broil for a minute or two to get a brown, bubbly cheese crust.

Replace lasagna noodles with eggplant, or make some unbreaded eggplant parm.
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Peace love and low carb website has a recipe for "just like the real thing" lasagna that's delicious. I use my own homemade recipe for the sauce but I make the noodles the way they recommend.
  • NeeneVa
    NeeneVa Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Try using cabbage leaves in place of the lasagna noodles
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Eggplant lasagna
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Spinach in place of noodles is good, as are some of the other choices mentioned such as zucchini and eggplant.

Not sure if this is keto; the veg/dairy might bring your carbs too high, but here's a recipe.

1 lb ground meat of your choice, browned, drain if desired
    12 oz pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce, homemade or jarred
    3/4 T dried oregano
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp each onion and garlic powder
    1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
    1 10 oz pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and moisture squeezed out
    4 oz cream cheese, softened
    7 oz cottage cheese
    1 egg
    4-6 oz grated mozzarella cheese
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Add sauce and seasonings to browned meat. Simmer for a few minutes. Blend together the cream cheese, cottage cheese and egg in a food processor. In an 8x8 baking dish, layer half the meat sauce, cream cheese mixture, spinach, then sprinkle with half the mozzarella. Repeat layer. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake 40 minutes.

• coffeebean92
    coffeebean92 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I dont follow a keto diet but as far as "trying to fill a void" if it's that bad personally, I would allow myself to eat a serving of whole wheat pasta with some marinara and lots of veggies to get it off my mind so I wouldn't binge. And by allow I mean allow myself to enjoy it and not feel guilty afterwards. Then you can move forward with dieting.
  • Koidudu
    Koidudu Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like shredded cabbage as a substitute for noodles. So, maybe they'd satisfy for pasta, too. As a couple of other people suggested, cabbage leaves or eggplant slices are good for making lasagna.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you don't do what I did last week. I've seen a lot about spaghetti squash so tried to make a recipe using it. In the UK the most common squash is butternut squash and I assumed any squash will do. Nope, it just ended up as mush! Only proper squash works.
  • mic1018
    mic1018 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I just made this last night...Oh So Yummy!

Cauliflower Lasagna

Chop up one head of cauliflower.
    Toss it with 1 Tb olive oil and season with S&P and garlic salt (to taste)
    Spread cauliflower on a foil covered pan and bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until slightly golden.

Meanwhile, brown 1 lb ground beef or turkey
    Add 1/2 med onion, diced, and cook until done
    Drain fat from pan
    Add your favorite low carb Spaghetti sauce (about 2 cups)
    When cauliflower is done, spread small amount of sauce in bottom of 8x8 pyrex dish.
    Layer all of cauliflower on top of sauce, then add all of remaining sauce.
    Add 1 cup of Whole Milk ricotta and spread over top
    Cover with 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese

Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes, then raise temp to 400 for a few minutes to brown the cheese. (We like ours really browned)
    Makes 4-6 servings depending on what size appetite you have.
    Trust me....this stuff is awesome!mozomjp4u5cr.jpg