Scales

Options
I read so many posts of members whose scales weight in lbs. AND oz. My current scale is a digital scale and weighs only in lbs. Do I want to invest in a new scale that also shows oz.? Is it that important? (I guess any weight lost, including just an oz. IS important) Your thoughts? :huh:

Replies

• sexybeautifulme
    sexybeautifulme Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think that if it bothers you that it doesn't show the ozs. and you feel is important, then you should invest in one. Anything that will keep you motivated is a good investment. :-)
  • asilmegan34
    asilmegan34 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    That might be a little too sensitive and might make you psych yourself out. Weight can vary by 4-5 pounds a day and can even vary per week. It isnt just exercise/fluid/food consumption that effects your scale weight. What type of workouts you are doing, whether your insides are a construction zone for muscle growth (fluid retention occurs as water helps transport nutrients to active tissues like muscle fibers), hormones, medication, sodium, and TOM.

So as you can see, A LOT goes into your weight fluctuation and progress.
  • GentlyLosing
    GentlyLosing Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have a Weight Watchers scale. It was inexpensive and measures in ounces. I like it...even seeing a few ounces down is a boost. However you will also see those few ounces up if you weigh daily. If that bugs you, you may just want to stick with your old scale.
  • kooshajan
    kooshajan Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have this scale and LOVE IT!

http://www.amazon.com/Weight-Watchers-WW70W-Electronic-Scale/dp/B0000AHSA9

It measures body fat too!!! When I stand on the two transmitters, a safe and low-level electrical current is sent through the body. The current flows through muscle and fat at different speeds. The total speed is calculated along with my age, height, and gender that I programmed in when I bought it to produce a percentage of body fat. Up to 10 people can program in their personal data on this scale too. Again, I LOVE this scale!
  • krista896
    krista896 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My scale shows ozs and I def think its important because you can see your progress better
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input! I guess I thought about it today when I weighed for the week and didn't see a change at all.... although I lost inches. But may there WAS an oz. or 2, LOL! That would provide a little more motivation. I will have to invest in one!