Need advise plz comment

Options
Eddie2088
Eddie2088 Posts: 16 Member
I need some advices should I join gym but my age is only 19 years and my height is about 5'5" so some of friends are recommending me to not join gym.

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Well, if your friends told you not to, you should probably listen.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    There is definitely a height requirement at the gym. Its kind of like riding a roller coaster. Glad you asked. We are here to help.
  • Eddie2088
    Options
    There is definitely a height requirement at the gym. Its kind of like riding a roller coaster. Glad you asked. We are here to help.

So I should not join gym
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Do what you wanna do!!!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    spoiler alert, at the age of 19 you are an adult, so you can make your own decisions....
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    Eddie2088 wrote: »

So I should not join gym

I recommend joining. You sound like a rebel. Where platform shoes and spandex. Grunt loudly when you work out and where where a cut off tank. My friend this is a start of a wonderful journey for you. Embrace it.
  • Savannahmiamaddie
    Savannahmiamaddie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Do they think you are too tall or too short? Do you think you are too tall or too short. If the gym has some sort of weird height restrictions, find another gym. Your friends are just being mean or they are stupid. Your height is just fine. Find friends who are nicer, smarter and more supportive.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Your parents were right. If your friends told you to jump off a cliff, would you?

The point of directing your attention to that question is to provoke you to realize that you and you alone are the most important factor in decisions you make.

If you can afford and will use a gym, and further if you want to use and have realistic expectations from it, go ahead. Always realize that you, me, and any human can be afflicted with unrealistic expectations, so here's a few words about what is realistic.

You won't gain a lot of muscle quickly. That's realistic
    You won't gain a tight belly quickly. That's realistic.

You will work deliberately to fuel your body. That's not realistic for me to say, because only by looking backward
    and seeing what you've done will you be able to say that truthfully.

Search for @sardelsa here. She'll tell you what you must do to get fabulous results. She tells anybody. Just read her comments.
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    Is it your cousin saying you arent tallish enough?
  • Daneel_83
    Daneel_83 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Is this a short thing? Is that what they’re saying? You need new friends.
  • Eddie2088
    Options
    It's ok I only have 2 more inches than you and I wouldn't make fun of you, promise.

Thanks
  • Eddie2088
    Options
    csbnga wrote: »
    Is it your cousin saying you arent tallish enough?

No
  • WhereIsPJSoles
    WhereIsPJSoles Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    ...what exactly do they do at this “gym”?
  • Eddie2088
    Options
    bojack3 wrote: »
    Do you....WorkoutForHealth?

Yes to become stronger I am like a kind of skinny guy