Strong Curves home workout question

Options
Has anyone here done the at home version of the Strong Curves workout? I bought the book with the intention of starting Bootyful Beginnings, but due to a bunch of recent changes lately won't be able to get to the gym to use the weights. I was wondering what kind of progress you made just doing the at-home workout?

Replies

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    There's a StrongCurves subreddit, they'll probably best be able to answer any questions you may have.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StrongCurves/
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I did the bodyweight Strong Curves program and it was a killer. I probably could've made more aesthetic progress had my diet been better at the time, but I definitely developed stronger glutes.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the assistance!! Do you still need to have weights at home for the workout? I haven't finished going through the book yet to do a busy schedule, but I was under the impression that weights weren't needed for the home version?
  • EmbeeKay
    EmbeeKay Posts: 249 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Ok you must be talking about the Bodyweight program. I started with “Bootyful Beginnings” and moved onto “Gluteal Goddess” doing both at home with my dumbbells. So if you’re able to get some dumbbells, you could too.

For the bodyweight version, you don’t technically need weights. But I know for me that I have seen the best results when I increase the weight I’m lifting (progressive overload). I don’t want to discourage you from doing the program, I think it’s great. And I know there are ways to make exercises harder, like using squat jumps and explosive movements. But to grow the glutes I think eventually you’re going to have to add weight. My adjustable dumbbells cost less than $100, which I know is pricey, but I feel like I can modify almost everything to use them.

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the assistance!! Do you still need to have weights at home for the workout? I haven't finished going through the book yet to do a busy schedule, but I was under the impression that weights weren't needed for the home version?

Nope you don't need weights... You can add them as well as resistance bands later on once you progress further, but the program including the bodyweight program is very effective.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info!
  • littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    EmbeeKay wrote: »
    Ok you must be talking about the Bodyweight program. I started with “Bootyful Beginnings” and moved onto “Gluteal Goddess” doing both at home with my dumbbells. So if you’re able to get some dumbbells, you could too.

For the bodyweight version, you don’t technically need weights. But I know for me that I have seen the best results when I increase the weight I’m lifting (progressive overload). I don’t want to discourage you from doing the program, I think it’s great. And I know there are ways to make exercises harder, like using squat jumps and explosive movements. But to grow the glutes I think eventually you’re going to have to add weight. My adjustable dumbbells cost less than $100, which I know is pricey, but I feel like I can modify almost everything to use them.

Can u please share the names of the bands and dumbbells?
    Thanks
  • Converse2003
    Converse2003 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the book a few days ago. Can't wait to go through it and see how effective it is.