So so sick! Help!!!!!

Options
adjones5
adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
Hey guys, I have the flu and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to get better faster? Not being able to work out is driving me crazy!!

Replies

• Pfauxmeh
    Pfauxmeh Posts: 259
    Options
    Depends on what kind of flu...head-cold type flu, Emergen-C is awesome. Throw-up-y-sick type flu...chicken broth and prayer. =/ I'm so so sorry you're ill!
  • Kimbers70
    Kimbers70 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Fluids and LOTS of rest! Get well soon. :)
  • AliDarling
    AliDarling Posts: 373
    Options
    just gotta wait it out im afraid.
  • smoore85
    smoore85 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    lots of sleep,,, its horrible but u need to rest or it will take longer to get better,, oh and lots of fluids, get well soon, xx
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I just missed 4 days of working out b/c of sickness....you have to take care of your body b/c if u workout while sick, you will just be sicker! Rest, take it easy, still eat well, and when you feel 100%, hit it again! I did Insanity this am, it was tough, but I am back at it! Good luck and I hope you feel better!
  • KrissyChefBaby
    KrissyChefBaby Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    When I'm desperate I do it all

REST, Drink a double ton of water because I already drink a ton, take airbourne or emergen-c, tea, and broths, and vitamin C.
  • KrissyChefBaby
    KrissyChefBaby Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Feel better!! =/
  • MaximM
    MaximM Posts: 17
    Options
    I always drink TONS of water and gatorade. Eat really bland foods that are easy on the stomach. Like: Crackers with butter, chicken noodle soup, butter bread, popsicles, jello... I think you get the picture.

Also, I know it's hard, but don't try exercising too early. I've done it before and I felt like it make me feel worse again and lengthened the sickness. Just give ur body the rest it needs for a few days so you can recover as quickly as possible! :)

I hope you feel better soon!
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    I make a tea with fresh minced ginger root (peel the bark off) and whole lemon slices (scrub the exterior well). Use a little raw honey to sweeten to taste. Also, bone broth with celtic salt. (or another REAL sea salt---should have a pink hue)
    Bone broth will take a little time if you don't have any on hand.
    http://nourishedkitchen.com/the-benefits-of-bone-broth/
    The broth has a richer taste and more dimension if you roast the bones in your oven until they are browned before adding them to your prepared water.
  • MoonShadow_1au
    MoonShadow_1au Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I tend to find if I keep working out during a cold I get over it quicker (going against every bit of advice not to). This works for me with a head cold (viral), however when I get a bacterial cold (i.e. anything not clear coming out of me) then I just have to rest.

Sounds like you have the latter. Rest & Fluids. Remember it is better to get what is making you sick out of you any way you can.

Maybe try a handful of pain killers (panadol / nurefen) and leave the electric blanket on. Sweating it out will get you over it quicker (and you may loose a few calories in the process)

NOTE: I am not a doctor and have no medical background so please consult someone who can give you proper advise.
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Have you got the actual flu, which is a respiratory ailment, or do you have a stomach bug? How you treat yourself depends upon which you're suffering. With either, make sure you're getting enough fluids, and don't even attempt exercise if you have a fever, or if you have a respirator infection that's affecting your lungs.

Feel better!

Kris
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Lots of fluids, so you stay hydrated. Vitamin C to help with your immune system. Rest, so your body can recover. Hope you feel better.
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I was starting to get sick last week so I did a fresh juice cleanse (nothing but fresh vegetable and fruit juice and water). By the end of day two I was 100% better.
  • FL_Nettie
    FL_Nettie Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I always drink TONS of water and gatorade. Eat really bland foods that are easy on the stomach. Like: Crackers with butter, chicken noodle soup, butter bread, popsicles, jello... I think you get the picture.

This is usually my plan of action too when I'm sick. LOTS of fluids (I always say it'll flush the germs out :wink: )

And I try to stick to low sodium soups & crackers when possible. Rest up & feel better soon.:flowerforyou:
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Hit up the sauna and drink lots of fluids!
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    marry a stranger. i'm available jk

chicken soup and tea

look up home remedies on the net
  • FitnessPal4L1f3
    FitnessPal4L1f3 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Echinacea, Vitamin C, D, Zinc

OR

TAMIFLU (Which you can only get from your Doctor)
  • megansmom311
    Options
    Try Ocsillococconum. I swear by the stuff. I had the flu over the winter, and after my second dose of this stuff, I felt like a new woman, lol. :flowerforyou:
  • jwgca
    jwgca Posts: 44
    Options
    sleep, liquids, vitamins, and more sleep.