Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Best protein meals with low carbs?

Lianapugzoe
Lianapugzoe Posts: 100 Member
Anyone have any great recipes out there?

Replies

• georgiamanea
    georgiamanea Posts: 1 Member
    I made sweet and sour chicken drumsticks last night and it was awesome! I cook the drumsticks in the pan for about 5mins either side then put them in a heatproof dish with some frozen vegetables and a sweet and sour sauce from a jar (surprisingly low calories, but I'm sure there's heaps of even healthier recipes for it online) then I cook that in the oven for 40-50mins. It's super filling even without rice or any type of carbs! Quick and easy too!
  • Lianapugzoe
    Nice I'll try that.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,013 Member
    You might want to check the sweet and sour sauce, it tends to have a lot of sugar.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited January 2018
    You might want to check the sweet and sour sauce, it tends to have a lot of sugar.

and/or sodium added (among other things)
    Make your own sauce, simple and you know what is in it.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    I like hasselback chicken.
    http://tiphero.com/hasselback-chicken/

You can switch the fillings - I just find it faster than stuffing the chicken breast traditionally, and the breast stays very tender.

Try - jalapeno, crumbled bacon, cream cheese & cheddar (like a jalapeno popper)
    broccoli, cream cheese or ricotta, cheddar
    prosciutto, diced asparagus, provolone
  • Lianapugzoe
    Nice I'll try these out