How do you see friends food diaries?

Options
Hi all,
Haven’t used this app for years and can’t work out how to view friends food diaries? It’s greyed out and I am unable to click on it on their profiles.
Thanks

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    If they're greyed out, perhaps they are no longer members
  • danielleoshea1989
    Options
    They are new friends I have just accepted on here. I have just sent you a request to see if I can see yours then? Would love to see others daily diaries for food inspiration
    If they're greyed out, perhaps they are no longer members

• Slasher09
    Slasher09 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    they might not have their diary available for viewing. I can only see about half of my friends
  • elza_1
    elza_1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There are certain things people can keep private and not have on view for others to see.
  • Sambo_fitness
    Sambo_fitness Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hey Eliza!
    Not everyone has their diaries open to friends. Privacy reasons for some.
    I keep mine open to help others by example - but to each their own!

Guess people don't want to admit their cheat meals :wink:

-Sam
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    It's also not a default setting so they may just not know that their diary is not visible
  • sdapana
    sdapana Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So other than the food diary setting is there any other setting they need to change to make their food diary visible? My daughter and I are friend's on MFP and we both have our diaries set to let "friends" view but neither of us can see the other's diary? The MFP help says there should be a "view diary" link at the bottom of their profile once they complete their entry but neither of us see anything like that on either of our profiles. Any help is greatly appreciated.

thx
    Steve
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    If you're using the app rather than the website it's slightly different, you tap on the person's profile and then you'll have a book icon and an envelope icon just below their name, last login and weight lost. The book icon will take you into their diary.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    sammyeuph wrote: »
    Hey Eliza!

-Sam

You are making assumptions. For some of us what we eat, or not, is our business and don't care to make it public
  • Poweredbycoffee06
    Poweredbycoffee06 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    sammyeuph wrote: »
    Hey Eliza!

-Sam

Or...it could be that other people are different from you and do better being accountable to themselves and no one else.
  • straw6erries
    straw6erries Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    How do I set it on my friends myfitnesspal so, I can see her diary? She wants me to fix it for her.