Wii Alone?

Options
Can I get a significant workout with Wii games alone? I have Zumba, EA Active, Just Dance 1 and 2, Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus, I feel that EA Active gives me a good overall workout while the rest give me a good cardio workout. I don't have a good choice of a gym nearby nor do I have the extra money. I also need cardio a lot right now. So anyone out there have success with Wii? Thanks!

Replies

• Blessed917
    Blessed917 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    When I was doing the Wii fit and Wii Active I was losing but then the kids wanted the Wii so I stopped but it was working for me. I went up in July and took it back and came home and purchased the Zumba. I love Zumba but have no rhythm. :) Not sure this helps but just thought I would share.
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    zumba for the wii gives me an excellent work out, as does the jogging on wii fit, plus the mucle workout will help you get toned so yes, you can do it with just the wii provided you use only the helpful games. The step game on the wii fit I could do in my sleep for example, so you'll never get anywhere doing that...but the jogging can give me a real sweat, so that's what I tend to do when Playing wii fit with the aim to work off calories.
  • Fitandsexy_fe
    Fitandsexy_fe Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I always say something is better then nothing! and you dont necessarily need a gym. you can use other day to run or walk outside. or find a park/benches and do some strength training. mix it up a bit
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I have EA Sports Active 2 and I'm doing the Cardio Kick Start 30-day program on it now (on Medium). I'm only a week in. For the past week, though, it's been my main form of exercise... and I've lost 5.4lbs in a week. So, yes, I've seen results with it already... the other Wii fitness games, I can't vouch for as I haven't tried any of them. But I definitely LOVE my Sports Active 2.
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I did only wii fit and active 2 years ago and it worked until I got bored doing the same few things over and over again. Now I have an arsenal of different things to do and the wii is my back up workout especially when I was hoping to burn a certain number of calories for the day but my regular workout fell short I would use wii to burn those last few. I did just get Zumba and did it for the first time yesterday and I was sweating more than my other cardio workouts so I might use the wii a little more now. Hope this helps!

Good luck to you!
  • Msvalsworld
    Msvalsworld Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have the same games I think Zumba and EA sports gives a great workout
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I only use the EA Sports Active 2 for the Wii... I work nights, and don't have time to get to a gym! However, I think my ticker says it all! :D
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    Wii Fit Plus has a lot of great strength and yoga activities in addition to cardio. It's important to build muscle while losing weight. The Wii board helps you hold correct form (at least as far as what is touching the board) for yoga activities and the little party that it throws when you've reached your goal for the day is great. I do Wii Fit Plus when I am housebound with the kids (one is sick or too grumpy to go out).
  • Hannahluux
    Options
    I use the Wii pretty much most days, I go on Just Dance 1 & 2, Wii Fit & Wii Sports. The Wii is usually my only exercise except for the odd walk here and there during the week. But yeah, In Just 12 days I have lost 7lbs from controlling my calories & going on the Wii for a hour too two hours everyday/ every-other-day :D It's brilliant! <3
  • aleah623
    aleah623 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have the first Biggest Loser game and its a butt kicker. I usually have sweat pouring off of me. I haven't tried the new one that came out. I have Jillian Michaels 2009 but I don't like it as much as TBL.
  • sunnylv
    sunnylv Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My daughter's name is Aleah! Keep up the good work!
  • slimmer189
    slimmer189 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    The WII Gold Gym Cardio boxing is good. You really feel it the next day!
  • Tivo8MyNeighbors
    Tivo8MyNeighbors Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Please keep us updated on how the Zumba for Wii goes. I'm considering buying it, but started with the Just Dance games instead. Bought JD2 and JD3 and the Smurf Dance Party game for me to do with my four year-old. He's quite the dance-a-holic :)
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I started with Just Dance 2 a couple of weeks ago and used it as my daily workout (after being sedentary for years). It didn't take long before I felt it wasn't really pushing me, and I got Zumba. It's much more of a workout than Just Dance 2. It has you moving top, middle and bottom, and it's fun. I'm sure at some point it will be too easy too but it's a nice next step.
  • NyxDominique
    NyxDominique Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Zumba has been my savior. Yet, I prefer the xbox verison compared to the wii verison. Yet, I totally recommend it to anyone that likes to dance. It really keeps you going when you think you really can't do anymore