What meal prep do you really enjoy atm?

Options
Right now I’m in love with roasted chicken and veggies because it creates the best thing ever (perfectly seasoned and cooked broccoli)
I just want to know what other really enjoy so I can get some new ideas for meals

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    The extent of my meal prep is cooking dinner and making enough for leftovers to take for lunch the next day and packing my breakfast, lunch, and snacks in my little cooler in the morning.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i cant say i ENJOY any of it. its habit, and just how things are.

much like brushing your teeth.

i plan my dinners for the week, and typically lunch is leftovers.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    My favourite things to meal-prep are: indian/thai curries, quiches, lasagna, soups, stews, chilis.
  • suerlewis2
    suerlewis2 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I'm on chicken and veggies too this week, next week will either be turkey meatballs or beef casserole.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,990 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Favorite meal prep? None. Just a necessary step to get to my favorite step of eating what I've cooked.

But, if you consider it a part of meal prep - you can't prep anything unless you've bought it 1st - my current favorite thing to do is to shop for food bargains:

Recent purchases include:

Six 6oz boxes, of blackberries for $1@.
    6 large mangos for 33 cents @.
    12 medium avocados for 33 cents @.
    A 2.5# tri tip for just $5 ($2/#) .
    20 limes for $1 (5 cents @).
    5 dozen med eggs for $5 ($1/doz).
    Brussel sprouts for 99 cents/#.

Eating well for less is its own reward.

• Riskay123
    Riskay123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I don’t mind popping some pieces of salmon into the oven or poaching some chicken breast. They only take about 20 minutes and they are great added to salad.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    My prepping purpose is to have easy dinners ready for busy or tired evenings, so I’ve been doubling recipes for every dinner that will freeze well.

So far, I have in the freezer: Baked penne with sausage and broccoli, pizza dough, and chicken and chick pea curry with rice. I’ve already used the extra Mexican chicken casserole I made last week.

Tonight, I’m doubling up on something we call “ham bake”: egg noodles, diced ham, carmelized diced onions, spinach, and Alfredo sauce. Tomorrow, I’ll double the beef stew.
  • BigRed2525
    BigRed2525 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I prep both breakfast and lunch to take to work. (I hit the gym around 6:30, in the office around 8). I do something different each week for variety. Last week was beef and chicken fajita bowls with extra veggies for lunch and mashed sweet potatoes and turkey sausage for breakfast. This week is Greek chicken pita bowls and oatmeal.

I think i’m going to start making an extra lunch a week and throw it in the freezer for weeks I can’t cook. (Travel, etc)