Starting a weight loss journey to increase fe

Options
Hello, I’m new here! I’m staring this journey to hopefully increase my fertility. We want to start thinking about having children in one year. I’m just seeing if there is anyone out there who is in the same boat as I am!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I am not in the same boat, but I wish you the best of luck! Your kitty is adorable :) I think I can see a belly there - is she on the same journey? (Don't tell me it's a he :# )
  • SCRN2019
    SCRN2019 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Haha yes, my cat is a he! Lol he should be on a journey but he likes having more to love I guess lol
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Oh, I always guess wrong :D I don't mind, I just want to hug him :heart:
  • Acem24
    Acem24 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Not going to have children. But wanted to wish you luck! And remember if your drug free your child has the best possible chance at life.
  • rlaurain
    rlaurain Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the same situation as you. In about a year or two we want to have kids. I am trying to lose 40 lb in total (started at 180, currently at 170lb, and trying to get to 140) to increase our chances to have kids. I struggle with an autoimmune thyroid disease as well as IBD, so at least if I lose this weight, it will set me up to the best potential I can reach. Feel free to add me.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Great reason! I had fertility issues. Taking care of you certainly helps a pregnancy too. Welcome!