Looking to lose 30-40 lbs - new to dieting

Hey all, new to dieting but I'm 28/M/230 lbs 6'0". Trying to get down to 200 lbs and then 185-190lbs being my final goal. I started on the Keto diet staying under 45 carbs/day(according to macro's) and within the first week I dropped from 230 -> 223 (most water/bloated weight) but just looking for opinions on what is the better way for dieting to lose.
Keto...or cutting back on junk in general and just staying under my 1900 cals/day? I'm looking to sit around 1600-1800/day with it being healthy stuff and not crap.

No exercise will be done other than 6-7000 steps/day walking at work. I will work into going to the gym within the next month after I get the eating down pat.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    To lose weight, you have to eat less (fewer calories). MFP gives you a target to hit. Log your intake and hit that goal. You don't have to cut out anything or eat anything in particular. The best way to diet is to eat in a deficit, in a way your can stick to consistently, for real, and for a long time.
  • Timby003
    Timby003 Posts: 3 Member
    To lose weight, you have to eat less (fewer calories). MFP gives you a target to hit. Log your intake and hit that goal. You don't have to cut out anything or eat anything in particular. The best way to diet is to eat in a deficit, in a way your can stick to consistently, for real, and for a long time.

Thanks, obviously eating healthier stuff makes it easier to lose weight rather than like eating 1800 cals..but 1800 cals of snacks lol. 3 main meals along with 2 snacks in between to keep me satisfied (if needed)