PCOS is no excuse ✊Friends wanted

Options
My name is Danni, I am 22 years old. I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2013. So far my weight has been a roller coaster. I'll be damned if I let PCOS ruin my chance at a healthy life style. Granted it will be harder to lose weight, but I'm optimistic and ready! 2018 is the year ❤ Looking for motivional MFP friends with positive vibes to aid each other on this journey!

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome,

You should check out these threads which ended up gaining alot of traction.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176797/comment-here-if-you-want-more-friends#latest
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10324944/hi-looking-for-friends-motivation#latest

I know we have lots of other users working with PCOS so hopefully you run into a few.

best wishes~
  • Franacious
    Franacious Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm much older than you so my concerns and abilities are different than you at 20something. But I have PCOS and my daughters, who are closer to your age, also have PCOS so I understand the struggles. I spent many years being morbidly obese, early in my 30s decided to make a change. I work to maintain a healthy weight and healthy lifestyle. Some days, weeks, even years are better than others but it's still a bit of a roller coaster at times. I'm now working hard to lose these last 15 pounds that I want to lose to reach my ultimate goal that I never thought would be this close. Please feel free to add me if you like, but know that it is possible to be healthy, enjoy food and control the symptoms of PCOS. :smile:
  • Jharts77
    Jharts77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am 29 and have PCOS as well. Just started calorie counting and intermittent fasting last week and so far so good :) glad to finally be seeing some consistent changes. Add me if you like
  • torinne97
    torinne97 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’m 20 and I was just recently diagnosed with PCOS in the middle of 2017. Would love to be friends and learn more about this syndrome and how to better myself because of it!!!
  • anndreavincent
    anndreavincent Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there, i know that feel. I was just recently diagnosed too. Makes sense why losing weight is so much harder. Keep going