Runners?

Options
Hi everyone new to this site looking to lose final 10 lbs and am in week 2 of marathon training. This will be my 3rd marathon and looking to see if other runners on the site

Replies

• marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi

Fellow runner here. Currently training g for my first marathon
  • mitchellsha
    mitchellsha Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, how exciting for you
  • Loopers242
    Loopers242 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I absolutely hate cardio...but I have to run to lose 25lbs on 4 months. I’m training for a Muay Thai fight. Any tips on how to lose the weight?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    You can find the runners in the monthly running challenge:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10625700/january-2018-running-challenge
  • dkabambe
    dkabambe Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Also training for my first marathon (in April). Can't work out if I'm more scared or excited!!
  • emilyvictoria7
    emilyvictoria7 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm currently maintaining from my 10K training throughout the winter until some of the ice thaws here. Running on the treadmill is crap compared to the street though so I am reluctantly maintaining!

Then training for my first half marathon in May. Hoping to begin training from 10K to the half beginning in February. :smile:
  • mitchellsha
    mitchellsha Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Every time I train I am excited and scared. I run outside and am in Toronto where it has been very cold icy and snow. I’m running Vancouver May 6th marathon and working on a pb. I run by myself as early morning is my thing. Not so much a group runner but really wish I did as they are great support group.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Im currently training for my 3rd Marathon also :) mine is July 15th, and trying to lose the last 20lbs
  • EASTCOASTG8R
    EASTCOASTG8R Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh, my goodness! I am so proud of you! I did a very BAD thing and quit running but kept on eating the way we runners do and now I'm suffering the consequences of it! After running my 7th marathon in Washington DC (Marine Corp) my very close brother passed away with brain cancer. That knocked out of the game completely and I reached 223#! I came to my senses lately and I'm on my back. I'm learning my lesson the hard way: it hurts like frigging hell. But, being fat ain't where it's at, baby!