Portable scale

Options
Anyone else have a portable pocket scale? I have a kitchen scale but just purchased a portable pocket scale so I can weigh stuff when I dip and snack.

And yes, I tend to go way overboard when I set my mind on something lol

Replies

• jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I use the same scale for all my food, mail too. I can see a pocket scale being useful if you prepare lots of meals while you are out.
  • Shellz31
    Shellz31 Posts: 214 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I use my boyfriend's scale when I go out of town in business trips :D:D:D It's so small and compact but works great
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,648 Member
    Options
    All scales are portable if you have a big enough purse! :)

But, yeah, I keep a portable scale at work that I used to take with me to Whole Foods when I'd buy stuff from the salad bar
  • caroline_mason42
    caroline_mason42 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have just ordered one today - as I bought chicken in from home and forgot to weigh it so keeping it in my bag so I can calculate on the run :smiley:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,087 Member
    Options
    Anyone else have a portable pocket scale? I have a kitchen scale but just purchased a portable pocket scale so I can weigh stuff when I dip and snack.

And yes, I tend to go way overboard when I set my mind on something lol

I think in your case you need to learn to eyeball portions while you're out.

In your previous thread you said you don't even like to go anywhere because you fear not knowing how much you are eating.

That is the thinking that happens in the beginning of an eating disorder. It's your anxiety that is a problem, not the food scale (or lack of) in your pocket.

I've been at this for years and I can tell you that some amount of not-knowing is fine. You'll be able to lose. You'll be able to maintain.

Jump on the body-weight scale a couple times a week and make your best guesses on food eaten away from home. Even the best food-weigher is getting it wrong a quarter of the time. Nothing is absolute and luckily it doesn't have to be.