Working out in the AM

Options
2»

Replies

• pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Get to bed a bit earlier. If you can, exercise as home, or if you have a gym and shower you can use at work use that. Have everything ready the night before
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Set your alarm, get your clothes ready the night before, wake up early and brace the suck.
  • bababs89
    bababs89 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    It isn't fun at first, but you just have to start doing it and make a habit out of it. Make sure you are still getting enough sleep!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    bababs89 wrote: »
    It isn't fun at first, but you just have to start doing it and make a habit out of it. Make sure you are still getting enough sleep!

I second the sleep part. I like to be in bed by 8:30 in a perfect world. It's usually closer to 9 or sometimes 10, but once you get into a pattern, 8:30 bedtimes are awesome.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I will ship my cat to you. He thinks 6am is a good time to get up whether it's a gym day or not.

ccfqbedn93rx.png

Dogs expect me to be up at 5. Gym opens at 5:30 so it works out well for me.
  • mitchellsha
    mitchellsha Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I put out my run gear night before and set alarm for 4:30 am so I can have a coffee and get out the door by 5. City streets are peaceful in the early morning. I have never regret coming back from a run but I have regret not going out for one.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    As above.

1. Have your gear laid out before bed.
    2. Set an alarm(and get up)
    3. Have a coffee(or PWO) and go. If you can tolerate Beta Alanine, include it with your coffee/PWO. Nothing like the Beta Alanine Shivers to motivate you to get the blood pumping.
  • natruallycurious
    natruallycurious Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    What worked for me is finding something I love doing. I don't really enjoy running all that much, so I never plan to run in the morning. But I love crossfit. So I am more motivated to get out of bed and get to class on time. However, like everyone else said, prepare what you can, and then just get up and do it. You can do it! And you'll feel better during the day when you do.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i leave for the gym every day at 6 30. get to gym at 7. leave for work at 8 (hour drive)

yes, im gone 12 hours a day.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I will ship my cat to you. He thinks 6am is a good time to get up whether it's a gym day or not.

hell, 6 am is sleeping in. im up at 4 most days lololol

i slept till 7 one day and my fiance woke me convinced i was dead.

i was 'off' the whole day. :/
  • rosesmith2103
    rosesmith2103 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher too and I would rather die than work out after a full day teaching! I struggle getting up in the morning though too lol. This morning I had my first cup of coffee while walking on the treadmill and that seemed to do the trick for me
  • DebBahr
    DebBahr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I never thought I could workout in the morning. I am up at 5:10 and at the gym by 5:30. As many others have mentioned prep is the key. Workout clothes, work clothes, breakfast and lunch prepped the night before. I can be ready to head out the door in 15 minutes. I’ve been working out in the morning for about 2.5 years. It is now a habit I would never want to change.
  • 796fra
    796fra Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Another teacher. I am too tired at the end of the day to go to the fun consistently. Plus there's so many meetings and committees that mess up my after school schedule. I'm really good at using those as an excuse not to workout. This school year I started before school and I love it! I've haven't missed a day yet - and it's almost 100s day here. I lay out my clothes the night before. I've also turn on the bedside lamp when the alarm goes off. Snooze one to briefly look at the news and then I'm off.
  • Elizabeth_ctran
    Elizabeth_ctran Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    JerSchmare wrote: »
    Some people sleep in their workout clothes so that they are ready right away.

For me, I get up 30 mins earlier than necessary because I like to have a cup of coffee. I browse the internet while having my coffee. Then, I’m out.

Sleeping in your workout clothes? That's genius! lol defiantly going to do that lol