My lastest NSV...right on time!

Options
I spent the last week moving into a new house and haven't had the oppurtunity to stop and cook a decent meal. My family and I have been surviving on fast food. I have tried to find the most sensable choices possible and think I did an ok job. Regardless of how un-healthy my meals have been, I continued to log them. I spent most of yesterday beating myself up about my recent eating habits and binging a little on less than ideal food..but I logged every stinkin bite. My will power and state of mind was starting to get in a bad place when my fiance (who typically steers clear of any and all discussions about my dieting,eating habits and weight for fear of arousing some emotional hot mess in me) questioned whether or not I had logged my calories for the day. Hmmm...I started to get all defensive and ask him if he thought I had eaten too much (because I had). Instead, I kept all my silly psycho insecurites to myself and replied with a simple "yes". Out of nowhere...he said what I needed to hear to get me fired up again to keep going....He said "I'm so damn impressed with you babe. I don't know what that website is all about, but you are really sticking to this and it shows. I'm proud of you. You look great!"

Holy cow! I feel great! So what if I had a crappy binge day...I'm still doing better than I was when I started and closer to my goal than I was when everyday was a binge day! I love this man of mine! I love this stinkin website and all you guys that make me wanna stick with it! Thanks MFP!

Replies

• PowerEqualsStrengthOverTime
    Options
    That's awesome! :) And yay for marrying such a supportive guy who loves you no matter what.
    Excellent job on logging every bite too - it shows responsibility and commitment!
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Awwwww that's great!!! :) Three cheers for the good guys who are there for you every step of the way :) Great work on the accountability too!
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    That is quite a NSV, I don't think I have the control in binging in specific situations yet but I admire you for doing it. And it's such a wonderful compliment that your man gave you! All your hard work is coming together!

We stinkin' :heart: you too! With other peoples support anything is possible!
  • sorrelduncan
    sorrelduncan Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    And great job not saying what immediately came to mind, but keeping yourself in check. It's tough to do! And it paid off big time for you!
  • mmccullough2
    mmccullough2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Go.go.go this is awesome!
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Way to hold yourself back from snapping! It's really hard to do. I get defensive about it too, lol! Awesome fiance, he is. XD
  • LizaMena
    LizaMena Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Cheers to your man and you! Great job logging everything in and sticking to it! Congrats on how far u've gotten and your accomplishments and for being with such a special guy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!