Working nights

Options
I work over nights 11 to 7 and don't know how to chart meals and need advice on good eating times as well

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You can eat when you like, whatever works with your schedule.

In terms of logging food, perhaps change your 6 meals slots to times (each meal = 4 hours) and log your food in to the appropriate time slot. Also think about looking at your calorie goal as a weekly target rather than daily?
  • Norvicky
    Norvicky Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I work nights too. What I'm doing is never eat at night during my shift, only drink plenty o water. Then, when I get home in the morning, I have breakfast and go to sleep after. I wake up around 2pm and have lunch and in the evening I have my diner. Nothing really changes much. Stick to healthy eating though! :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Change the names of your meals in the diary: instead of "Breakfast" type in the time.
    Add snack times as well.
  • VeganSquid
    VeganSquid Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I work the same shift. I get up at 10 PM, have my breakfast shake at 11 PM when I get to work, eat my lunch at 3 AM and make my dinner sometime after I get home, whenever I'm hungry. Then I (try to) go to bed by 2 PM. I'm definitely a night person though and this schedule feels perfectly normal to me...I know it can be hard to figure out what works for you and adjust to it if you're not used to it.
  • SoulOfALion5
    SoulOfALion5 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I do night duty for periods during the year also. I find this time difficult more for maintaining energy levels to keep up with my exercise rather that logging meals.
    What I do is, do thing in reverse. #dinner at before work logged as dinner. Then in middle of the night have my lunch, then home for breakfast.
    Good luck in keeping logging your meals.
  • mystgrl28
    mystgrl28 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I do rotating shifts so can be even more confusing. I've settled on logging based on time instead of meals, so 12-6am, 6-12pm, 12-6pm and 6pm-12am. Stopped labelling my meals as it got confusing quite fast. Hahaha. Just logged food when i ate them.