Eating healthy while on an antidepressant

Options
tyismc
tyismc Posts: 75 Member
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone is on the antidepressant Celexa and you have experience weight gain or weight loss. I started taking it about 3 months ago and I have gained however I dont know if its just me not trying hard enough or this is a side effect of the medication. Any input would help.

Replies

• The_Ta
    The_Ta Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Everyone experiences side effects differently. Celexa can upset the stomach, so some people lose weight. It also can make you really drowsy, so you might not be as active as you need to be.

If you are using MFP to lose weight but aren’t...reassess your diet. You are either eating more than you think (definitely need a scale), or you are choosing inaccurate calorie values for your food.

I hope this helps
  • lucyxolu
    lucyxolu Posts: 14 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I am on Celexa, the lowest dose. Started it two weeks ago. I had initially a headache and upset stomach, but no weight gain. From what I was told by my doctor was that weight gain or loss is not a side affect. In fact it's actually helped me with my weight loss journey be reducing my anxiety and helping me to focus. Maybe you use check with your doctor or take The_Ta on their suggestion of looking at your diet and seeing if there are any hidden calories sneaking into your diet.