HIIT workout

Options
Hi guys! I'm looking to introduce HIIT into my workout plan. Could anyone recommened a workout?

Thank you

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm looking to introduce HIIT into my workout plan. Could anyone recommened a workout?

Thank you

Sure, Hill sprints... Run up, walk down. Repeat 10-12 times. Warmup/cooldown 3-5 minutes slow jogging/jogging in place.

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    bknewtype wrote: »
    I do pretty much HIIT workouts everyday and love it.

if you want to follow youtube videos, I do a lot of "team body project" and "pop sugar fitness " HIIT workouts. they are awesome.

but if you are just looking at specific moves: fast squats, knee high runs, mountain climbs/running starts, leg repeaters, Scotties, etc.

None of which is HIIT.

do enlighten me. I just started these workouts 3 months ago, I youtube HIIT and whatever workout I follow, contains those intervals.

Try doing a google and reading Wikipedia.

HIIT is a very specific profile of training protocols with a very specific goal and parameters regarding HR/intensity.
  • orionaimee
    orionaimee Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I second the Popsugar workouts. I do the Tabata workout it is 40 seconds on and 20 seconds off and a really good workout for me since I need a bit more structure to my workouts. Good luck, you've got this!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    orionaimee wrote: »
    I do pretty much HIIT workouts everyday and love it.

if you want to follow youtube videos, I do a lot of "team body project" and "pop sugar fitness " HIIT workouts. they are awesome.

but if you are just looking at specific moves: fast squats, knee high runs, mountain climbs/running starts, leg repeaters, Scotties, etc.

None of which is HIIT.

Honestly, what is the purpose of this kind of response? Did you have a better suggestion or did you just want to tell some one they are wrong?
    Misconception. Just like when people think they are doing Tabata.
    Tabata is 100% effort for 4 minutes. Far and few people (even elite athletes) can do the actual Tabata protocol.
    Even really fit people will do it at about 85%-95% effort........................which would then be HIIT. And I think most people who put in about 75% effort think they are doing HIIT, when they actually aren't.

So why does it matter? It's like saying "I can do the treadmill on level 15" but the reality is they can.....................IF they are hanging on the handrails. If they didn't, they may last a minute. People toss around HIIT or Tabata casually nowadays because of the TIMING/TIME USAGE and not the actual protocols themselves. And that's just people fooling themselves into thinking they are fitter than they really are. It's much better to know the actual truth.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Itsmyyear2018
    Itsmyyear2018 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Natalie. I’m new here but I tried a HIIT session this morning as well as a short jog on my first proper workout of 2018.
    I agree with some of the other replies here, HIIT is really damn hard at the beginning.
    I found “The Bodycoach” HIIT sessions on YouTube really helpful to me when I first started. Unlike other fitness people he too struggles during these workouts so it makes you feel a little better when you’ re struggling too ☺️
    You can start with the low-impact workouts first.
    Hope this was helpful ❤️