Suggestions for reliable scale

Options
My current scale is very unreliable. It can vary 4-5 pounds depending on where I place it in the room. Anyone have a scale they would recommend? I am open to various features but, truth be told, I really just need something that can reliably take a weight each week! Thanks!

Replies

• alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I think you already have a reliable scale. Keep it in one spot going forward. Any scale you mess with will do that.

Edit to add: change the batteries if needed.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I've been using this one for about a year: http://a.co/fX2jxrc

I don't move it around on the floor, I just have one spot in the bathroom where it's kept. I weigh myself every morning and it seems accurate. All scales should just be kept on a level hard surface in one spot for maximum accuracy.
  • jmanela
    jmanela Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks. It’s not like I’m moving it all over the room but even if it gets moved a half inch, it changes. I will try replacing the battery while I am exploring other options
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I picked up a cheap $20 scale at Target.

You don't need this to be terribly accurate. Be consistent in your weighing schedule and body position. Don't be so concerned with the day to day tracking. Concern yourself with the changes over months.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,410 Member
    Options
    Like others have said: every scale will do that. It's got to do with how even the floor is and how much it flexes. And every floor is uneven and, depending on construction might flex. You could put two markers on the floor and make sure the scale always lines up with those. That's all you can do, really.
  • ZhivagosGirl
    ZhivagosGirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options