I know it's winter but . . . . What are your favorite foods to grill??

Options
My husband is wanting to grill tonight. I eat skinless boneless chicken ALL the time. And a lot of times it's not so great on the grill unless you stuff it with cream cheese, ranch, and bacon:) But that's NOT in my calorie range. So looking for tips, recipes, and new ideas for grilling!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Loads of vegies (big mushrooms, capsicum, zucchini, eggplant, cabbage, Cauliflower, asparagus etc)
    Fish, in foil
    Skewers of chicken/beef
    Juicy thick steaks
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Swordfish, thick cut bone-in pork chops, , venison backstrap, ribs, salmon (on the occasions we can find a piece thick enough to grill), jumbo peel-n-eat shrimp, beef tenderloin, skin-on bone-in chicken, turkey breasts, just about any type of sausage

potatoes, brussel sprouts, asparagus, broccoli spears, cabbage 'steaks', any type of squash, really almost any non-leafy vegetable

There isn't much we won't grill. :)
  • Wingsont84
    Wingsont84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Love the BBQ, I cook our Turkey in it every year.
    Things I like steak, chicken, burgers, pretty much anything. Actually it's time to get a new BBQ
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Personally, I love grilled portabella mushroom caps with olive oil and herbs.
  • amyliz00226
    amyliz00226 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions!!!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I go with boneless steak.

My neighbors grill out their back door. It's -8 C right now.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    It's always grilling season. Every time it snows I make sure to shovel a path to and around the grills. I like to grill pizza, ground meat kebabs, zucchini, asparagus, sausages I usually eat with spaghetti, pork chops, and steaks. I have a smoker I use for whole chickens that I make a few meals off of, tri tip, pulled pork, and meatloaf.
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Pineapple, canned (in juice) or fresh. OMG. Smoky, sweet, tangy.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    ZoneFive wrote: »
    Pineapple, canned (in juice) or fresh. OMG. Smoky, sweet, tangy.

Oh yes, I forgot fruit! Pineapples and peaches are wonderful grilled.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Chicken, onion and peppers kebabs. I marinate in teriyaki sauce. It's just a pain to chop the veggies and put the kebabs together.

I'm really bad at grilling though, so that's pretty much that or sausages!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all the food. Cold weather or not. I love my grill!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I grilled some chicken thighs the other day.
    https://tasteandsee.com/grilled-rosemary-lemon-chicken-thighs/2/

Beef, pork, vegetables, pizza
  • stoked2b
    stoked2b Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Chicken thighs are my #1 - usually with some kind of BBQ rub on them. Usually not chicken breasts, but sometimes drumsticks but they take forever to grill.

Also fish (Swai, Tilapia, sometimes Salmon), pork chops, Shrimp skewers w/ butter&garlic, Butterball turkey burgers. Rarely steak, thin ribeye, sirloin, or NY strip.

Favorite vegetable to grill is fresh Asparagus. Maybe corn in the husk too.

I need to spruce it up with more grilled veggies and make more kebobs.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I love cauliflower steaks, slice the cauliflower at the highest bit about 1/4 inch thick.

Mix a teaspoon of sesame oil with a 1/4 teaspoon of chilli powder and turmeric. Brush on to the steak. Cook on foil with pin holes poked through.
  • joseccastaneda
    joseccastaneda Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    skinless boneless chicken is great on the grill. You just have to cook it under indirect heat. place all of the charcoal on one side and place the chicken on the other. I'll grill it at 300 degrees or less. Still have the smokey flavor, but doesn't dry out.
  • thohan99
    thohan99 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Chicken thighs and breasts, and I'm a cheapskate so I get a cheap roast and cut it into steaks. Good (enough) eats.
  • stoked2b
    stoked2b Posts: 136 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    This thread made me hungry, but also inspired me to grill some chicken thighs for lunch! They were awesome and I have leftovers for a few more meals.

g4edlhohr9h2.jpg
  • Kelkat405
    Kelkat405 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Grilled pork chops are great, ham steaks, shrimp and chicken breast marinaded in zesty Italian dressing keeps it from drying out. Zucchini and yellow squash are both great on the grill. Chop them up after grilling, add diced tomato, garlic and olive oil and have bruschetta on toasted baguette slices.
  • 69HealthyMe
    69HealthyMe Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Turkey burgers or chicken breast