Baby weight

Options
I've just started the battle of loosing weight again. I have a son who's 3 and it's took me this long to realise I need to lose some weight. But also I'm getting married in November!! I'm currently 14st 8.2lb...lost 2.2lb in my first week.
I'd love any ideas to loose this kangaroo pouch and big thighs. Thanks

Replies

• brittneyalley
    brittneyalley Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever MFP says, and you’ll lose the weight.
  • Hipp706
    Hipp706 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just stick with it. It really does work. I’ve had five kids, and I’m just starting to try and lose the baby weight from number 5. I decided to just relax after having him and not concentrate on losing the quickly like I had the other times. I have about 2.5st to lose now, as I dropped a couple of stone without trying after he was born, he’s 7mths now. One thing I have found is that good fats really help keep me fuller for longer. Previously I’ve even quite high carb low fat, or done weight watchers, but I did often feel hungry. Since making sure 8 roughly hit my macros each day, eating some nuts/nut butter and avocados for the good fats, I’ve definitely been more satisfied. I’m vegan, so don’t have any animal products in my diary, but feel free to add me and have a look what I eat
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    It takes me getting down to around my goal weight for my belly area to really flatten out after having a baby. (Not much luck with my thighs, but I'm a pear) Stick to your calorie goal, chase your son around and you'll see results. :) Congrats on your wedding this year!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Just stick with it. Be consistent and accurate. You will lose weight. Congrats
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Stick with it! Don't get discouraged if the loss slows down dramatically over the next week - there's frequently a rapid loss of ~5-8 lbs and then it's often slower going from there.

You got this!
  • kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I started losing after my 2nd baby turned 2 years old all I did was count calories and no exercise I lost 30lbs in a year i'm working on my second year now I am finally right around the weight I was when I first got pregnant with my oldest (she's 8)
    I agree just stick with it and this really does work I have tried to lose weight so many times I think because I was restricting myself from food with MFP I can eat anything I want as long as I stay in my calorie budget.