Calorie Goal on App

Options
2»

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    There was a glitch a while back where the safety net in MFPs calculations which didn't allow goals below 1200 for women and 1500 for men to be set automatically got turned off. This appears to be a resurgence of that.
  • lauriebelongie
    lauriebelongie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Glad you got it figured out! Also I noticed from one of your screen captures you indicated wanting to lose about 20 lbs but chose a goal of 2 lbs/week. That's probably too aggressive, usually with less than 20 lbs to lose a goal of 0.5 lb/ week is recommended to help preserve lean body mass.

Great tip I’ll keep that in mind!
  • BBum69
    BBum69 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    There was a glitch a while back where the safety net in MFPs calculations which didn't allow goals below 1200 for women and 1500 for men to be set automatically got turned off. This appears to be a resurgence of that.

No, there are certain settings that allow you to have full control of the calorie and macro goals. That is a feature, not a bug. It's just that the overwhelming majority of users here don't know about, or how to use, the advanced settings so they assume that 1200 and 1500 limits of the "training wheels" settings are actual limits.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    BBum69 wrote: »

No, there are certain settings that allow you to have full control of the calorie and macro goals. That is a feature, not a bug. It's just that the overwhelming majority of users here don't know about, or how to use, the advanced settings so they assume that 1200 and 1500 limits of the "training wheels" settings are actual limits.

I never said you couldn't manually set it lower, just that MFP will never automatically give a goal lower. A while back though, people were signing up and getting 750 cal goals just by punching in their stats.
  • BBum69
    Options
    There was a glitch a while back. This appears to be a resurgence of that.

No, it isn't a glitch, or a resurgence of that.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,739 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    BBum69 wrote: »

If they're not, they should be, so I fail to see how figuring out a way around sane limits is a wanted feature that one ought to be proud to have discovered.

Some of your word choices leave me with the impression that your decision making could benefit from some training wheel guidance!
  • BBum69
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I fail to see

I know.