Day 2 and I'm hungry

Options
Ok I have 350 calories left for the day. Its only 2 pm and I'm hungry! What do I need to be eating to sustain me between meals? I ate spinach and veggie salad with 1 hb egg, a tangerine for lunch.

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Is your weight loss goal too aggressive?

Quoting @Branstin :
    As a rule of thumb, the following weekly targets [are best]:

[Depending on how much you have to lose]
    More than 75 lbs. 2 lbs./week
    40-75 lbs. 1.5 lbs./week
    10-40 lbs. 1 lb./week
    Less than 10 lbs. 0.5 lb./week
  • josieg624
    josieg624 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    1.5 lbs a week
  • josieg624
    Options
    I wasted calories eating a banana that didnt sustain me. Grrrrrr
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I find that I'm usually pretty full throughout the day if I eat enough protein, along with drinking water throughout the day. :)
  • rjhauf
    rjhauf Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Way to many calories eaten in the beginning of the day. Either eat a smaller breakfast and lunch so you have enough calories for a meal or get out there and do some cardio to earn your dinner!

Good luck on your health and fitness goals!
  • josieg624
    Options
    But how to stay within 1200 calories? What low cal filling proteins? I had 2 eggs already today and spinach and whole grains for fiber.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    josieg624 wrote: »
    Ok I have 350 calories left for the day. Its only 2 pm and I'm hungry! What do I need to be eating to sustain me between meals? I ate spinach and veggie salad with 1 hb egg, a tangerine for lunch.

What on earth did you have for breakfast that you only have 350 calories left after that lunch (unless it was drenched in salad dressing)?

At any rate, I wouldn't worry about it. Eat a reasonable dinner and apply the lesson(s) you learned tomorrow. One of those lessons might be that your weekly weight loss goal is too aggressive. Others might be that you need to use fewer calories at breakfast, increase protein, etc.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    1.5 lbs a week

So you're more than 40 pounds away from goal weight, right?

How many calories are you getting? What are your stats (height, age, weight, sex). These might help us figure out If you're being too aggressive in your plan.

A banana shouldn't be more than 200 calories.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    1.5 lbs a week
    A banana shouldn't be more than 200 calories.

I often use 1 1/2 small bananas (by weight) in a smoothie I make, and it never comes out to more than about 130 calories.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    But how to stay within 1200 calories? What low cal filling proteins? I had 2 eggs already today and spinach and whole grains for fiber.

Chicken is my favorite - I can throw it into my salad for lunch, or make a variety of things with it for dinner. I also mix protein powder into a coffee in the morning for breakfast. I got a dark chocolate one off of Amazon that is around 20g for 110 calories. :)
  • josieg624
    Options
    I had a egg white breakfast burrito 270 cal. Salad dressing 70 cal....Opa greek yogurt dressing. Had a 1/2 c of corn n black bean mix on the salad, was 100 calories just for 1/2 cup of that. Got hungry had 1 ww pita 170 cal and alessi thin breadsticks 100 cal. Woop.. not much left for the rest of the day
  • josieg624
    Options
    I'm trying to follow 1200 cal diet with exercise. I'd like to lose 40 lbs. I'm 51 yo woman, 5,4 height
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10521320/10-a-day-800g-veggie-fruit-challenge-participants-check-in#latest

Join us on the 10 a day challenge.

Most people find it very filling and low calorie.