post Christmas problems

Options
I'm having issues trying to get back in the groove after Christmas. I gained about 5 pounds during the holidays and have lost about 2 of them but now I'm stuck. Evenings are my biggest challenge. I snack in front of the tv. I eat things that are ok but I binge on them. For example chocolate flavored rice cakes or tortilla chips. I was very strict before and lost 53 pounds in a year but Christmas ruined my discipline. I allowed myself any indulgences that I really, really wanted but didn't go crazy. Now I can't get back to my pre-Christmas eating plan.

Replies

• starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Similar situation - one year maintenance. I must force myself to start over as a newbie and get the scale out, measuring cups, etc. It helps to focus and above all log :). Stay strong!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    My holidays started at Halloween and I gained 30 lb. Quit snacking in front of the TV. I know it's easier to say than do. I have to get away from the TV to overcome that impulse.

What helped me resume my eating plan was to declare myself worth of respect from, of all people, me. As long as I know that I deserve to be healthy, I can earn my self-respect. If nothing else, it gets my brain off of thinking about food.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I don't start eating until 1-2pm, saves the calorie for the evening.

The 800g of fruit and veg a day challenge always gets me back on track as well.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10521320/10-a-day-800g-veggie-fruit-challenge-participants-check-in#latest
  • 01134BOB
    01134BOB Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have a 64oz bottle that I fill and drink before, during and after my lunch and dinner. Also, meal prepping might help get you back into the swing of things, after that, try brushing your teeth after you eat, chew gum, or have a cup of tea. Usually works for me. Good Luck!!