Anyone else missing soda?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,642 Member
    Options
    I do miss diet sodas but mostly because I could use the caffeine these days.

I went cold turkey years ago because I thought I needed to drink more water (or, you know, drink it at all) but it's been so long that now all I can taste is the syrup and the carbonation really hurts going down.

I REALLY miss my Hansen's diet root beer *sigh* It was pretty filling!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I don't do caffeine and caffeinated diet sodas were never my jam anyway (not much of a cola fan), but no, I'm not missing soda. Especially today! Shop Rite finally had diet Cranberry Canada Dry back in stock. They've been out of it for ages. I bought 4 2-liter bottles.

While I was missing that, I just drank the regular diet Canada Dry.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    I've cut my coffee down to just 3 bags each morning.

nurse_1635473b.jpg
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    Nope in here too! Haven't gad one in more than 10 years and I was only having a Diet Sierra Mist a day back then. My stomach doens't like the bubbles too much and even club soda/sparkling water makes me very bloated and "belchy."
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Over my dead body would I cut out either

Ditto.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    carbonated drinks might lead to kidney stones.

if you've ever had a kidney stone, it's a worthy trade-off to give up sodas.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Huh? Anyone sciencey know how ingesting CO2 can cause kidney stones?
  • Cyclone2011
    Cyclone2011 Posts: 51 Member
    Options

Huh? Anyone sciencey know how ingesting CO2 can cause kidney stones?

I had kidney stones when pregnant and was told absolutely no dark colored pop because of something in the coloring. They did okay Sprite.

• WhereIsPJSoles
    WhereIsPJSoles Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I drink diet soda daily but do miss the hard stuff.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I have diet soda maybe two times a week. Honestly I don't miss it.

I drink plenty of flavored water and coffee gives me my morning caffeine and an extra cup in the afternoon if needed.
  • Exceedingly_Immeasurably_More
    Options
    YES....Our church is doing a 21 day fast so I am fasting soda and sweets...ugh. But, I've lost 4 pounds in 11 days, so maybe God is telling me something. :)
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    JetJaguar wrote: »
    I switched from regular Coke to Coke Zero to save the calories, but I'm too much of a caffeine addict to give that up. I've quit caffeine before, and the benefit was that I didn't get withdrawal headaches in the afternoon if I missed my Coke in the morning.
    toxikon wrote: »
    I usually have a diet coke once a day. I'm really excited for the new flavours coming out!

I basically make my own version of those already. I keep a few of those Kool-Aid flavoring squeeze bottles on hand and often squirt a little into the can.

I like that idea. I will have to try it.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'll have a glass of regular soda when we go out for dinner every few months or so, and thats about it. Reading the myriad of "I'm addicted to soda" and people struggling to give it up makes me so glad I never picked up the habit.

I've had enough addictions in my life time without adding another one to the list, F that!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, I do not miss soda - it's odd because I used to grab a Coca Cola or a Dr Pepper at least 1x a day, sometimes 2x or more. Summer time is harder for me though - nothing tastes as good as a cold coke or pepper on a hot day. So in winter it's easy for me to give it up.

I occasionally have a coke when I am facing a long car ride that will involve hilly, curvy roads - it helps settle my stomach much better than anything. but that's it.

Funny - I haven't even thought about it since I decided to not drink any calories unless it was alcohol - lol - I don't like diet soda at all except for Sprite Zero - and I have 2 24-packs of cans right now - haven't had a single one in forever.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options

So can sweet tea.