Is MFP Premium worth it?

Options
Hi everyone! I am contemplating getting MFP premium. Have those of you who have used it, found it to be helpful and/or worth the money? Thanks for your advice! ❤️

Replies

• heartsaver81
    heartsaver81 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    No. I had it and cancelled it. All it really did was unlock more of a break down for daily counts.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Have a look at the features (there aren't many) and consider whether it is worth it for you, for those specific features.

Some people find the ability to set calorie goals by meal useful, others like that you can have different calorie goals on different days, some like that you can set macros by grams instead of percentage, some like no ads.

BUT: the following things are exactly the same on the free version:

Community
    Food database
    Exercise database
    Blog (despite promises of Premium only content, reports are that it have never happened)
    Timeline (including the MFP blog posts every few posts - internal advertising is not considered "advertising" for the purpose of the "No Ads" perk)

Personally, even though I do eat different calorie goals per day, it's not worth $65 a year for MFP to show me that. And the ads don't bother me (though from what I gather, the ads are more pervasive in other regions)

DO NOT assume it does something unless it specifically says it does. People complain all the time that they bought Premium expecting Net Carbs, more nutrients etc and it doesn't have it, when MFP never said it did.
  • kimkimcoleman
    kimkimcoleman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    No, I cancelled it. Not much of a difference.
  • wonder_whitters
    wonder_whitters Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the info everyone!! I appreciate it greatly.