New here

Options
I have tried SOOO many diets in my life and have always had a problem with my weight and had a poor self-image (parent making fun of my weight as a teenager didn't really help my self-image). I have recently hit a new high(weight) and decided that it is time to seriously do something about it. I just can't live like this.

I found a link to this website through another message board. After looking around a little, this may be exactly what I need to help me. It gets so tedious keeping track of food and excercise in a notebook. I really like how easy this site seems to be to use. I hope I can stick with it this time. I just need a support system where I can see progress (I'm an accountant so I guess I need to see the numbers :laugh: )

Replies

• buckifan97
    Options
    I have tried SOOO many diets in my life and have always had a problem with my weight and had a poor self-image (parent making fun of my weight as a teenager didn't really help my self-image). I have recently hit a new high(weight) and decided that it is time to seriously do something about it. I just can't live like this.

I found a link to this website through another message board. After looking around a little, this may be exactly what I need to help me. It gets so tedious keeping track of food and excercise in a notebook. I really like how easy this site seems to be to use. I hope I can stick with it this time. I just need a support system where I can see progress (I'm an accountant so I guess I need to see the numbers :laugh: )
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I think you'll love it here!! I have just joined recently and have found the site to be so easy and helpful and all the people are super friendly and encouraging. :happy:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!:drinker:
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Hello there,
    Congratulations. You are going to love this place. It make you accountable and the people here are great, so much support. I just started to and have lost five lbs. You will do great.
  • Saphire26
    Options
    Welcome buckifan, I believe we all can do this with support. :drinker: but when you reach your goal, i would thank your parents for believeing in you:explode: sorry makes me mad they are supposed to treat you with respect no matter what the size.
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • DebRN
    DebRN Posts: 10
    Options
    :heart: Hi all! I'm new here...like most of you I've tried it all and I always go back to eating poorly and not going to the gym...so I'd love help to keep me motivated and stay on the wagon! I hope to talk to anyone soon! Deb
  • plumpgirl
    Options
    :happy: Welcome! There is a lot encouragement here.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site, if you don't already. I absoultly love this site. It is so supportive, motivational, and helpful. Everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.