371 cals left for dinner after a cookie incident...

Options
... by which I mean I shopped for, baked, and ate 850 calories worth of cookies after eating a perfectly good breakfast and lunch. Seemed like a good idea at the time. So what do I do with my 371 cals? I did hit the gym this morning but I think the cookies gave me back enough energy I could hit the treadmill for a bit.

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Got stuff to whip up a nice soup? I have a Thai butternut soup recipe that comes to a little under 300 cals per serve (and a fair bit of that is in the coconut milk), to which I add Greek yoghurt for protein.

Also, sounds like it was a fantastic idea!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Veggie bowl- stirfry with lots of veggie and lean protein of choice-
  • bevhols
    bevhols Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    1 slice of Bacon Veggie Frittata ... 309 calories; Mixed vegetable fritatta (1 cup) 188 calories plus a piece of fruit. 3 oz grilled hamburg ... 218 calories ... maybe some light vegetables and fruit for that last 100+ calories... I only can eat 1200 calories a day to lose weight so all I need is a too big breakfast or lunch or too many cookie snacks and I am easily in the same boat ... today ate 2 x 2 yummy fudge brownie (210 calories) along with too many crackers & Peanut butter (250 calories) ... supper was stuffed pepper soup (239 calories) + oyster crackers 60 calories. I try to have some backup low cal homemade soups in fridge or freezer for those days that go awry, and I do fall back on eggs quite a bit...
  • bevhols
    bevhols Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    oh by the way that was 1 cup of soup
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I do have a bunch of veggies and could go the soup or stir fry option. If I ever stop vibrating enough to be safe near the open flame.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Oh I’m at maintenance and just made a questionable decision :'(
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Oh I’m at maintenance and just made a questionable decision :'(

It's okay. It happens. I hope the cookies were yummy.

If you're twitching/hyper, it's not a bad idea to get some exercise/movement in. If you're a weight lifter, you could use the extra boost to shoot for a new PR.

But, 370 cals is a good amount for dinner. Load up on the veggies and protein. Include a carb if you wish.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I went 300 over on Wednesday. I ordered hummus and 2 orders of grilled veggies at Zoe’s. They brought pita. I ate it. I didn’t mean to, but.... It stalled my weight loss for one day, but now I’m back losing again and I have a plan for next time.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Boy, I'd love to have a cookie incident after reading this thread! :smiley:
  • gknopp87
    gknopp87 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    A can of chunk tuna split over a couple of tortillas. Add some sliced onion, maybe some green pepper & tomato and the low calorie condiment of your choice. Pop it in the microwave for 90 seconds. High-protein, filling and just over 300 cal.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    my go to super light meals are tuna, salad, tomato soup, eggs w/ veg (like a cheeseless omelette)
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Grilled cheese and tomato soup is my go-to. Feels like real food (which salad never does for me).
  • Kayla647
    Kayla647 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    For low calorie meals I have a chicken breast with seasoned cooked broccoli, delicious and a nice sized plate for little calories
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I ended up taking my jitters to the gym and did a cardio variety hour, but here’s an under 300 cal dinner anyway. Cup of Amy’s soup and a toastie with a bit of chicken and mustard. ywq2nwqwe3qr.jpeg

Mmm... forget the cookies, I'll have what they're having!
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, today I have 4 calories left for dinner after a cookie incident after lunch. :blush: I wish I had 371 left!
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    mlinci wrote: »
    Ha ha, today I have 4 calories left for dinner after a cookie incident after lunch. :blush: I wish I had 371 left!

Turn it into a "cheat day"! Dinner is the cheat meal... :p