Anyone else doing "Made to Crave"?

Options
I just read Lysa Terkeurst's book "Made to Crave" and I'm about to start the DVD/Bible Study. Is there anyone else doing this, too?

www.madetocrave.org

Please send me a friend request if you are doing this! I'd love to hear your thoughts on it! :)

Replies

• wjprice01
    wjprice01 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    What is this book about? Is it a good book?
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I'm just reading it, but half tempted to suggest it as a bible study to my small group. But I don't know if that would go over well with the men, but everyone in the group is overweight, my husband least of all and I know he could use some control over his eating.
  • Chica650
    Chica650 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just got this book from Amazon, but have yet to sit down and open it up. I also downloaded a free bible study to go along with it for my kindle. I'll send you a friend request and try to get started on the book!
  • kellykaye_xo
    kellykaye_xo Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    What is this book about? Is it a good book?

Here's the summary from Amazon about the book. This sums it up really good. The DVD/Bible study is 6 weeks and helps you to apply what you learn in real life. I understand the concepts now it's time to put them to work! It's a great book, I would recommend to anyone with struggling with emotional eating (my big issue!).

Summary:
    Made to Crave is the missing link between a woman's desire to be healthy and the spiritual empowerment necessary to make that happen. The reality is we were made to crave. Craving isn't a bad thing. But we must realize God created us to crave more of him. Many of us have misplaced that craving by overindulging in physical pleasures instead of lasting spiritual satisfaction. If you are struggling with unhealthy eating habits, you can break the 'I'll start again Monday' cycle, and start feeling good about yourself today. Learn to stop beating yourself up over the numbers on the scale. Discover that your weight loss struggle isn't a curse but rather a blessing in the making, and replace justifications that lead to diet failure with empowering go-to scripts that lead to victory. You can reach your healthy weight goal -- and grow closer to God in the process. This is not a how-to book. This is not the latest and greatest dieting plan. This book is the necessary companion for you to use alongside whatever healthy lifestyle plan you choose. This is a book and Bible study to help you find the 'want to' in making healthy lifestyle choices.
  • TNH76
    TNH76 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This sounds really great. I will try to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation!
  • ShannonJoy11
    ShannonJoy11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is an AWESOME book!!! I am on week 3 of the book study with my church! It emphasizes focusing on God, not food. Lysa is such an inspiration!
  • janineswenson
    janineswenson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just finishing up a summer study of this book with a group of friends. I'm looking for more MFP friends who are like minded. It's made a HUGE difference in my life and that of others in the group as well.

Anyone care to add to the friend list?