How to stop eating too much sugar?

Options
Evamuse
Evamuse Posts: 14 Member
How do I stop going over my dietary sugar levels . If I eat an apple then I go over, I thought that apples were really good for you. What should I eat instead?

Please help?

Replies

• sgriddler
    sgriddler Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If it is from fruit, ignore it.
    Its really a goal for refined sugar...
  • gonetothebeach
    gonetothebeach Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm over today by A LOT, but its mainly from sugar and healthy homemade foods, like sweet potatoe. Don't stress if its fruit, its more refined sugars you need to be aware of so that chocolate bar or packet of crisps :)
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    an apple can be more than one serving....try eating half of the apple instead. Going over fuirt sugars is just the same a going over in refined sugars.

keep a balance with it, I dont eat fruit every day either, just because it is 'healthy' sugars doesnt mean to pig out.....31g is the recommended amount of sugar per day.

Just play around with your foods until you find the balance that you are looking for.
  • KristaWeiss
    KristaWeiss Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    There is a big difference between sugar from an apple and sugar from bad foods. Stay away from simple sugars that immediately go into your blood stream and spike your metabolizm. I can only eat an apple but I have to have a day inbetween, so many is not good . Carrots are also high in sugar so keep them to a minimum but don't take those grams to heart. As long as your eating right then you should be fine
  • KristaWeiss
    KristaWeiss Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    There is a big difference between sugar from an apple and sugar from bad foods. Stay away from simple sugars that immediately go into your blood stream and spike your metabolizm. I can only eat an apple but I have to have a day inbetween, so many is not good . Carrots are also high in sugar so keep them to a minimum but don't take those grams to heart. As long as your eating right then you should be fine
  • Bunnzye
    Bunnzye Posts: 39
    Options
    You are doing great to be concerned about fruit sugar. Me? concerned about that granulated white stuff because I sometimes have two glass of iced tea a day. Healthy eating in this day will tell you to be careful of fruit sugars, when long ago it wasn't a concern. Now that you have posed the concern, I know I need to straighten up on that myself, - good luck, keep up the good work, and thanks.
  • Michellerw1
    Options
    Try to cut back on fat-free/low-fat foods. Often they have added sugar to compensate for the taste you are losing with the fat. :)