How bad are cheese slices?

Options
I really love having cheese slices and ham toasted on wholewheat bread. Are they really bad? The ones I eat per slice have 37 calories, 1g carb, 2g fat and 4g protein. Would this be okay to have daily? It all seems fairly low to me.

Danke!

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Sounds perfectly reasonable. If it fits into your numbers, go for it.
  • trailriderdee
    Options
    Personally I think cheese is EVIL! :) I don't keep it in the house, but did buy a single slice of pepperjack a couple weeks ago for a specific meal I was making. Cured the craving and kept it out of the house in quantity!
  • YoungGma29
    Options
    Cheese is a lovely healthy food item. It is only BAD or EVIL if you can't control the portions or if it does not fit into your calories/numbers.
  • FungusTrooper
    FungusTrooper Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    So long as you don't gorge or give in to cravings, cheese is fine. Sliced cheese is an even better way of keeping track of calories etc, as you don't need to weigh everything. I eat a sandwich with cheese + salad etc every day for lunch, and I'm losing weight still.

Just go by your numbers. So long as you don't go over cals, fats or carbs, eat whatever you want!
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Sounds OK to me as long as you eat it in moderation and as taso24 says it fits in with your numbers. Enjoy !!
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cheese and would never give it up. I eat it often, but I control my portions. For me it's perfectly fine.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I Love cheese...I have a slice with my chicken sandwiches. Nothing is wrong with them as long as it's in moderation. 37 is really good compared to my 110 lol.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I Love cheese... I think I could live on cheese alone sometimes! I buy the skinny cow or weight watchers wedges, or the weight watchers string cheese.... my problem is that I have hard time stopping at just one --- if you can do that you're fine! I may have to stop buying it because its like crack for me!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    The only thing to watch with cheese is the sodium. Most cheese is pretty high. One slice per day isn't going to hurt anyone, though.
  • Michellerw1
    Options
    They are good in moderation...if you are talking real cheese. HOWEVER I try to steer clear of processed cheese product (Kraft singles). But that is definitely a personal choice, and if you are reaching your goals there is no reason to give up something you like.