Need to lose 60lbs!!!

Options
I decided that starting Monday 1/15/2018 I will start to eat right and exercise. I want to benefit it for me and my health. I’m planning on using this app to get me in the right place. My favorite machine at the gym is the elliptical so, that’s where you will find me for now on starting Monday.

Replies

• notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking a step in the right direction for yourself! To lose weight you just need to be in a calorie deficit, so if using the elliptical helps get you there then get after it! Start today! Good luck to you.
  • caroline_mason42
    caroline_mason42 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making that decision, I am an elliptical fan too (as I have one at home), I started a week ago with 65Lb to lose so very similar, good luck in your weight loss journey :smile:
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Don't think about it as "eating right", to lose weight and keep it off, you just have to consistently eat less, not a lot less, just a little less, but forever. You can eat what you want and like, as long as you eat less. You don't have to exercise, but it's good for you, so do it if you like it. Maybe that makes weightloss seems less scary and more doable and worthwhile, so you can start today?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you lose weight in the kitchen and gain fitness and health in the gym.
  • TriPaulCantRun
    TriPaulCantRun Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    No time like the present! Think of losing the weight as a gift you're giving to yourself. You can do it! :)
  • Jaclyn8308
    Jaclyn8308 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    No time like the present... All the best!
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!! I've been through the journey a few times and know it can be done!
  • nicolesloas
    nicolesloas Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am looking to lose the same amount. I am doing the Keto diet. My body seems to respond well to it. Many years ago I used Adkin’s to get into bikini shape. I didn’t have this much to lose, but it worked well. If you want someone as a running mate, let me know:)
  • JustSomeJD
    JustSomeJD Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    You've got this!
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it!! I just hit the 60lb loss mark this week. This app is so helpful. Make sure your are logging everything that you eat accurately. Weigh and measure your foods! It's all about calories in vs calories out. Exercise is great but not necessary for weight loss, unless you use it to help with your deficit. I'll say though, exercise has been a huge motivator for me. Seeing myself progress at the gym has helped me stay focused on what I'm eating. It's exciting to see the things your body can do!
  • logicala
    logicala Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Started today. Not necessarily keto but along those lines. Want to lose 50-60 also <3 wondering if 3.5# a week is realistic and where calorie targets need to be to maintain this without losing lean muscle. Goal is 50 down by memorial wknd. Definitely needing cheerleading <3 Glad to cheer you on too!