Need a buddy with same goals! SW: 227, UGW: 150

Options
Hi there! I need a female buddy to keep me accountable. I am trying to do this again (yes, again!...ugh). I've lost weight before once 60 lbs. (nothing but running and elliptical) and another time 40 lbs. (light cardio and weight-lifting) I just keep going back to old ways and gained it all back plus some and this really stinks. I am currently at my all time highest weight. :(

I am an emotional/anxiety/stress eater and that's what gets the worst of me. :#:s:'(

I am hoping that finding a weight twin will keep me motivated. I don't know, perhaps seeing that somebody out there that has the same starting point and is heading toward the same goals will keep me motivated. Perhaps we can send each other pics of our meals and workouts. I just need to get this weight off and keep it off for lots of reasons...the most important of them all being my HEALTH! <3

Let me know if there's another girl out there with the same/similar goals.

TIA!

Replies

• heartsaver81
    heartsaver81 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi there. If you'd like to add me feel free. I have an open diary and need to lose 150. I use to be a runner but over the past few years have developed some severe health issues that I gained weight from and want it off.
  • heathertaylorrr
    heathertaylorrr Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm starting at 220. My goal Is 150 as well. 5'4". I'm trying to eliminate processed foods and decrease carb consumption. Vegetarian. I'll be doing light cardio until I figure out how to use anything else at the gym :smiley:
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I was 219 this morning! pretty far from my high weight. Hoping to end up aroun 160...ish
  • jeesicafdominick
    jeesicafdominick Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started out January 1st at 234, already down 7lbs but my goal is around 150. I’m 5’3! Feel free to add me :)
  • 147Fit
    147Fit Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I started at 226.5, goal 147. Down 7 pounds already, 5'6.
  • kafsha25
    kafsha25 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi I have a two month old baby and I've been down this road a few times before. I have three kids now and each pregnancy I end at 240. I'm 5'7 My starting weight is 221 my ultimate goal weight is 150 as well. I'm trying my best to cut out junk food. I'm starting to workout 3 days a week. This is a little tough for me because this was my first c section. I'm used to doing intense workouts and that's what keeps me motivated. My workouts can't be as intense so I will have to watch what I eat more than how hard I'm working my body out. Good luck !
  • alwaysoncall
    alwaysoncall Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Please add me!
  • curwhibbles
    curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I can completely relate! I was at 240...made it down to 170-175. Looked and felt great. Then I let a bit go and went back up to 190. Then I quit counting calories all the way and am at 223. I hate feeling stuck, but I do right now. Have been on and off here a few months. Sadness and eating and disappointment. That’s about it. Add me.
  • travelintray
    travelintray Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    44 year old woman. I just started and am 264. Looking to get down to 150. Feel free to add me!!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    Hey there my start weight in 2016 was 255, pre Christmas I was down to 217 and now at 221.

I don't think I'll be quite aiming as low as yourself because I don't think it would look healthy on my height/build but I am aiming for 185lbs intially.

Once I get down to my intial goal I'll be switching to recomp until I find my happy place which I expect will be somewhere between 165-175.

Feel free to add me. I am a daily logger, over a year's streak now and have an open diary, I also run a very active weigh in group with monthly progress charts.

• GlorianasTears
    GlorianasTears Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm starting at 220. My goal Is 150 as well. 5'4". I'm trying to eliminate processed foods and decrease carb consumption. Vegetarian. I'll be doing light cardio until I figure out how to use anything else at the gym :smiley:

Omg we are the same height my goal weight is 134 tho. And I recently removed the processed foods and wow I never realized how so much of our food is processed it's sad really
  • GlorianasTears
    GlorianasTears Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I started off at 208 now I'm like 190 (yay lol) my goal is to get to 134 tho but I'm staying motivated each and every day so,I hope you succeed in your journey sis! Keep fighting!
  • laurabelle18
    laurabelle18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have never responded to any of the messages on fitness pal before, but I could seriously have written your post about myself! I need accountability as well, and would be happy to exchange food pics or journal sharing. Let me know! Right now I’m at 219 and my goal is 150.