My food calls to me! AARRRGGHHH!!!

Options
I swear. I was doing so well. If I want something sweet, I will go to the store and buy ONE skinny cow ice cream, about 5.8 ounces and I do just fine. I was at Winco last night, and they did not have the single skinny cow ice creams. I looked at all the skinny cows selection and all they had were larger packages, so , I said to my self, your doing so well, you can buy those mint ice cream sandwiches, that come 6 in a pack, just have one a night. Ya right, my other voice said. ONE a night? That aint happening. But my other voice said, Oh come on, this is going to test your will power to see how far you've come. So, of course I give in and buy the 6 pack. So, I get home and have one. Well, a little while later, here comes the voice, You know, they are only 140 calories, you can have two. So, I have two. And then, I feel this tug, coming from the freezer. It's the flippin ice cream sandwiches! Seems their saying " Not fair that you ate the others and not us", so guess what? The whole flippin box gone in one night!!! Why?????? AAARRGGGHHH! So frustrating!!!!

Replies

• fine4now
    fine4now Posts: 84
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I have been eating horrible for 2 freaking days and I just cant seem to stop. But I am determined to stop! I will stop and get back on track as of right now. How about you, you ready to get back on track with me?
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I hear ya on this one. I am the same way with ice cream. If you can get it in your area, might I suggest Arctic Zero. It is an ice cream substitute, comes in awesome flavors and one pint only has 150 calories. No matter which flavor only 150 calories for the whole pint. They even advertise on the carton something like "we know you will eat the whole carton in one sitting" Awesome stuff, I get it at Whole Foods.
  • gettinghealthy777
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I have been eating horrible for 2 freaking days and I just cant seem to stop. But I am determined to stop! I will stop and get back on track as of right now. How about you, you ready to get back on track with me?

Yes! Let's get back on track.
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean and that is why I don't even have stuff like that in the house anymore...If you are feeling extra guilty today, try working off all of those calories that you consumed...Will give you a goal to achieve and might even make you feel better... :flowerforyou:
  • gettinghealthy777
    Options
    I hear ya on this one. I am the same way with ice cream. If you can get it in your area, might I suggest Arctic Zero. It is an ice cream substitute, comes in awesome flavors and one pint only has 150 calories. No matter which flavor only 150 calories for the whole pint. They even advertise on the carton something like "we know you will eat the whole carton in one sitting" Awesome stuff, I get it at Whole Foods.

Thanks! I will check it out, I have not heard of it, here in Spokane, but I am going to start looking for it today! :smile:
  • Soozcat
    Soozcat Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    When it comes to diet and certain trigger foods, I've been learning: never test your willpower. Just don't. It's your brain's subliminal way of trying to tempt you into blowing your diet.
  • trailriderdee
    Options
    :/ I'd toss any that are left....

Yesterday I bought Best Foods Low Fat Mayo, knowing full well that I still had Best Foods regular Mayo in the fridge...which I'd intended on keeping and using until it was gone. But when I was closing the fridge it literally flew out of the door shelf and cracked open on the floor. It was a sign (LOL) that it's ok to toss something if it's not the best thing to keep on hand!
  • DollHouseKiera
    Options
    Trigger foods can be scary to have in the house, they get loud! Take a breath, step back, and learn from it. The journey that continues has no failures, just detours.

...man, i want some ice cream now...
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I hear ya too! I can't do it with multi-packs of anything, I just can't buy them anymore cause I know that I can't be trusted :(
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you test yourself and fail. It happens. I ate 4 servings (2/3 of a full bag) of potato chips the other day. It happens. Just pick yourself up and try to plan for next time- just like in anything else, set goals, give a try and see how you do. With this try buying but not eating it - just until the next night. Just to train yourself to not eat something just because you have it.

You can do this- just don't waste your time berating yourself! Put your energy into making positive changes- much more worht your time :-)
  • gettinghealthy777
    Options
    Trigger foods can be scary to have in the house, they get loud! Take a breath, step back, and learn from it. The journey that continues has no failures, just detours.

Thanks! Your right! Lol, I am sorry, didn't mean to make you crave ice cream....lol
  • gettinghealthy777
    Options
    I know what you mean and that is why I don't even have stuff like that in the house anymore...If you are feeling extra guilty today, try working off all of those calories that you consumed...Will give you a goal to achieve and might even make you feel better... :flowerforyou:

Your so supportive sister! Love you!!! That's a great idea.!.. let me see 140x6= 840 calories, I can do it!!! Now I feel better,, thanks again:smile:
  • gettinghealthy777
    Options
    Sometimes you test yourself and fail. It happens. I ate 4 servings (2/3 of a full bag) of potato chips the other day. It happens. Just pick yourself up and try to plan for next time- just like in anything else, set goals, give a try and see how you do. With this try buying but not eating it - just until the next night. Just to train yourself to not eat something just because you have it.

You can do this- just don't waste your time berating yourself! Put your energy into making positive changes- much more worht your time :-)

Thank you! I needed to hear that:smile:
  • gettinghealthy777
    Options
    I hear ya too! I can't do it with multi-packs of anything, I just can't buy them anymore cause I know that I can't be trusted :(

I know! Hate to say this, but it almost seems like a drug! :frown:
  • akninsas
    akninsas Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I fully understand, my hubby makes a homemade Caramel cake that yells at me!! He thinks I am nuts, but it calls out for me just one little bite. So it is off limits in the house unless it is a holiday
  • gettinghealthy777
    Options
    :/ I'd toss any that are left....

Yesterday I bought Best Foods Low Fat Mayo, knowing full well that I still had Best Foods regular Mayo in the fridge...which I'd intended on keeping and using until it was gone. But when I was closing the fridge it literally flew out of the door shelf and cracked open on the floor. It was a sign (LOL) that it's ok to toss something if it's not the best thing to keep on hand!

Lol, that's great! Somebody's looking out for you!! :wink:
  • gettinghealthy777
    Options
    When it comes to diet and certain trigger foods, I've been learning: never test your willpower. Just don't. It's your brain's subliminal way of trying to tempt you into blowing your diet.

Actually your right, that's exactly what it feels like. Whats wrong with my brain! Thought it was on my side!!! :explode:
  • jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options

Thanks! Your right! Lol, I am sorry, didn't mean to make you crave ice cream....lol

i have this problem too but mine is candy..i could eat just fine, put a bag of candy near me and its all i can think about, when i'm done eating it (the whole bag) i feel guilty...this is actually an eating disorder called Binge eating- theres a group on here for it and ive read a lot about it... i always thought " i dont have an issue" but when you find yourself hiding your ice cream wrappers (like i would do) so that no one in your house knows u ate all 6 u may wanna read it as well
  • gettinghealthy777
    Options
    I fully understand, my hubby makes a homemade Caramel cake that yells at me!! He thinks I am nuts, but it calls out for me just one little bite. So it is off limits in the house unless it is a holiday

Oh no, my stupid subliminal messages are kicking in again and setting off the drool responses, Mouth is opening and tougne is starting to hang! !! !! Home made Carmel cake with nuts.... YUM!!!!!! :noway:
  • gettinghealthy777
    Options

i have this problem too but mine is candy..i could eat just fine, put a bag of candy near me and its all i can think about, when i'm done eating it (the whole bag) i feel guilty...this is actually an eating disorder called Binge eating- theres a group on here for it and ive read a lot about it... i always thought " i dont have an issue" but when you find yourself hiding your ice cream wrappers (like i would do) so that no one in your house knows u ate all 6 u may wanna read it as well

I want to join your group, I have been hiding candy wrappers and ice cream from my dog. I think I definitely have a problem...