holy cow where do I start

Options
So I am starting this in hopes that I can maintain accountability, support, and help to start this journey into a healthy life. I go through phases in my life where I get super excited about working out and getting healthy, and like any phase it fades away. I am going to try with all my heart to stick with it for 6 months. So...here we go I guess.

Replies

• DollHouseKiera
    Options
    Yay, accountability!!

Good luck =)

Add me of you want and I'll be happy to randomly pester ya =P
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    congrats on making a change! There are tons of tools and support on this site. If you can download the app for your phone. Then its right at your fingertips when you need it!
  • deedee2779
    deedee2779 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi there! I was in that position 6 months ago (jan 26th) and decided to go for it, only joined up today for an extra boost of support and motivation! I have managed to reduce my weight from 314lbs to 238lbs in that time and if i can do it- anyone can!
    So good luck, keep strong and believe you can do it!
    D x
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    That was me UNTIL i found this site. The people here are so encouraging it feels like if you give up you are letting so many others down more than just yourself.....Add me if you want encouragement - This site is so fantastic!
  • chorgi
    chorgi Posts: 221
    Options
    I tend to be a flighty person sometimes. One of the biggest things I beat myself up with is that I don't seem to finish the things I start. Sometimes I'm able to find "a good reason" why I didn't finish it or am able to rationalize or justify why I failed, but regardless, it's a reoccurring theme in my life. I can definitely relate to what you said about phases. Believe in yourself and don't give up. We all deserve to be healthy and happy.
  • Terriberry
    Terriberry Posts: 100
    Options
    You can do it! Just take it one day at a time or even one meal ata time. There is lots of support here. Take advantage of it. Good luck. Add me if you like.
  • Terriberry
    Terriberry Posts: 100
    Options
    I tend to be a flighty person sometimes. One of the biggest things I beat myself up with is that I don't seem to finish the things I start. Sometimes I'm able to find "a good reason" why I didn't finish it or am able to rationalize or justify why I failed, but regardless, it's a reoccurring theme in my life. I can definitely relate to what you said about phases. Believe in yourself and don't give up. We all deserve to be healthy and happy.

I totally agree! That's been me my whole life. I'm trying so hard to change this.
  • chorgi
    chorgi Posts: 221
    Options
    I totally agree! That's been me my whole life. I'm trying so hard to change this.

It's probably a little different for each one us, but I'm finding that if remind myself that I can do anything but not everything, that it helps. One of the things I do is that I get really excited about the prospect of something. But once I get going on it for a while, something else comes and grabs my attention. Something else that's hard is just realizing that you deserve to be happy and shouldn't settle.
  • VeggiePumpkin
    Options
    I can totally relate. Like you, I also go through phases. This time I'm looking back at all the changes I've made for good and telling myself that this is going to be one of them! WE CAN DO IT!!! :bigsmile:
  • lossfornunn
    Options
    WOW!! Thank you all for your support!!! I really appreciate it and I am so excited to start this journey with everyone!! :happy: