FASHIONISTAS ~ Using FASHION as motivation?

One thing I have noticed is that if I hightail it to my closet as soon as I start feeling the need to nosh (munch snacks) in the evenings, I can start trying on clothes and the next thing I know, I have lost the desire to munch. It makes me feel so happy! And then instead of gaining or not losing, I get a little more inspiration when something almost fits, or even if it fits but is still a little tight. The trouble always is remembering this technique when brain sends me mindlessly into the kitchen to stare into fridge or pantry.

Any other fashion loving people find this to be true?

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    shopping spree has always been in the back of my mind when I reach UGW.

Sounds like you have discovered a good method for tempting moments though, I never thought to do that, will have to give it a try :)
  • I need to try this. My closet is full of clothes I’m wanting to fit into again.
  • Jingsi84
    Jingsi84 Posts: 127 Member
    Love that! I like to try on my SW pants to see how far I've come and then my small pants to see how close I'm getting to goal.
  • RunStart34
    RunStart34 Posts: 157 Member
    YUP!! I had a pair of pants, dresses, shirts that I kept because they didn't fit but I love!! Every time i was getting depress because the scale wasn't moving I try those on and see how they fit. They were fitting better and better so it meant i was losing inches and kept me going. Had a pair of pants that didn't go past my hips, then it did but couldn't button, then it button but still had a muffing top, and now not only do they fit but I had to leave them since they are to big. Love the way clothes fit!! :smiley:
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Yes, fashionista here! One of my rewards to myself is buying a nice outfit, new boots, etc instead of going out to eat. Win win!
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Absolutely.
    I went on a self imposed ban on all purchases until I reached XX weight. Now that I'm at that weight I don't need to buy anything. It is an incredible feeling to just grab clothes and leave the house. No stress about what's going to fit me today.
    I still have 6 lbs to lose and several inches. I have two dresses that I want to wear to a wedding in April that are my motivation.
  • SteamPug
    SteamPug Posts: 262 Member
    I have the opposite problem, everything is loose but still only a few months old. It’s very depressing.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    There's no doubt that clothes hang and look better when we don't have unsightly lumps and bumps. I know it was huge motivation for me to drop dress sizes - I love that whatever I put on now looks fabulous :smile:
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    I try on last season's most fitted clothes often as a guide. My goals is to make sure they still fit or are looser.
  • bosskitty
    bosskitty Posts: 37 Member
    This is such a great idea I need to try this!