Sore knees...

Options
xarra
xarra Posts: 128 Member
I did 10 mins of 30DS today, and my knees are going 'ow...' Will this get better? Or should I look for a lower impact exercise?

Replies

• ab_shutterbug
    ab_shutterbug Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    What's a DS? Sorry!

My knees hurt in the beginning, but as I lost weight and exercised more frequently the pains disappeared. Maybe give it an "every other day" try and let them rest in between - or work on arms, swim, or something else as a break.
  • Rheenz
    Rheenz Posts: 23
    Options
    Make sure you are hydrated enough that your body can do what it needs to do, try every second day until you are stronger... DO NOT GIVE UP.
  • dkb228
    dkb228 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I had the same problem when I started (I just finished day 6) so I just took it easy on the high impact parts. Figure out which parts of the shred hurt your knees and modify them. If your problem is the cardio section (jumping jacks killed my knees), do something else. The important part of the cardio is to keep your heart rate up. But keep with it! After a few really sore days, I can now do the whole workout without modifications (other than push ups - I'm still doing bench push ups but since I started with girly ones, it's still an improvement. Lol). It gets better as you get stronger. Also, I personally think that the first circuit is the worst. It actually gets easier (at least for me) as the workout progresses. So if you only did the first 10 minutes, you did most difficult part. :smile: