NOT BUDGINg-HELP NEEDED

Options
Amy100lbstoLoose
Amy100lbstoLoose Posts: 6 Member
edited January 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Help! i have given myself 1600 calories per day every day for over a week i have been under like 300-500 and have been eating good, but i am loosing nothing just maintaining !! any suggestions on helping to move fat? i have 112lbs to loose so not like its a small amount to come off. i ahveupped my water in take massivly like 10-15 cups a day and 4x green teas, could that be the problem?

thanks

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    ggoez56u8n61.jpg
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Buy digital kitchen scales and use them for everything solid, including prepackaged food which can weigh more than indicated on the package.

Buy measuring cups and spoons and use them for all liquids that have calories.

Make sure logging is accurate. There is no accuracy with logging one medium banana as that is a very subjective term. Make sure you log the exact weight. Check your entry against information on the package or the usda database. As the app is user added there are some very incorrect database entries.

If you eat out, or eat other people's cooking and you can't get the nutritional information find an entry that is the best match and over estimate portion size. If you think it is 200 grams, enter it as 220 grams. If you can't find a good entry then look online for a recipe with the same ingredients and add that to your recipe database.

Assume that the equipment used is underestimating your calories burned, at least for the first month until you have solid data to go by. Start with only eating back half to 2/3rds and then adjust calories if needed depending on the rate of your weight loss.

Remember that weight loss is not liner. Some weeks you may lose nothing, or even gain while other weeks you may lose much more than normal. Many things affect water retention but this has no bearing on how much fat you are losing.
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    The above posts echo what I would say, but I wanted to add that you don't need that much water. In fact, it can be dangerous if you drink too much at once. Your kidneys can only filter so much at a time, so bombarding them with water can be a real problem.
  • tripleformfitness
    Options
    If, in a month you are on track and still are not seeing any weight loss, definitely go to your doctor. You will want them to check your cortisol levels, your thyroid function and your blood sugar. Make sure that you don't have any metabolic damage from earlier in your life.
  • Jingsi84
    Jingsi84 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    @Lillymoo01 I think you meant that the equipment over estimates calories burned, not underestimates.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    1 week is not enough time to see any progress.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    give your plan 4-6 weeks before you decide if it is working. some people experience large losses up front, some don't. I tend to hang out at a weight for about 2 weeks, then drop big, hang out, drop, so on. If you keep changing things after only a week it will be impossible to tell whats working and what isnt
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    If the OP has over 100lbs to lose, I would be little surprised if they hadn't seen results in a week TBH. Nothing drastic but at least 1lb of loss. That being said this is contingent on the OP accurately measuring their food intake using a scale and not measuring spoons or packaging suggestions. Also, if the OP has began exercising where previously there wasn't any exercise than that could be a contributor.

So basically what everyone else has said. Make sure you accurately measure your intake. Your goal of 1600 calories is already putting you in a calorie deficit. You won't get extra points for being under it by 500 calories, you'll only be hungrier.
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    1 week? That's nothing.
  • Amy100lbstoLoose
    Amy100lbstoLoose Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone - weighed yesterday and am 3lbs down - i am use to doing slimming world and seeing fast progress at the start- but i have taken everything on board- thanks for helping :)