My success isn't your ordinary success....

Options
I will try to make this as brief as possible. I have been overweight since I was in middle school. It got much much worse after I graduated high school. At any rate, I am the type of person who gets all gung ho about exercising and healthy eating and then something happens to make me slip and I just quit all together. All I can say is NO MORE. I cannot stand being this unhealthy and unfit anymore.

I have had a couple of really hard months recently. My aunt (who was basically like my mother) passed away in May at 46. I got fired from my job as a result of calling in when she passed. We had to move from our house in another town to move back in with my mom because we couldn't afford our house. Needless to say my health was the farthest thing from my mind. But now that we have been at my moms for a few months I've taken a long hard look at things. My aunt as amazing as she was did not take care of herself at all. She had diabetes, CHF, renal failure and was on dialysis. That is just the top of the iceberg. And do you know what people say to me all the time? You look just like your Aunt Lynn. You could be her daughter. I loved my aunt more than anything. But I do not want to die like she did.

So that being said....today was my 5th day in a row exercising and counting my calories. I even got my mom to do Power 90 with me!!!!! I am so happy and I feel so good and I KNOW that this time is different. And the bonus is my mom has promised to do it with me. Life is good people and its only going to get better for me :happy:

Replies

• asilmegan34
    asilmegan34 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. You need to keep a reminder of what you said on here today in your bathroom mirror or on your nightstand to keep this motivation going. Way to go!
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You're right - life is good! Way to go and keep up the good work! And it's awesome that your mom has joined you on your journey - enjoy!
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful that you got your mother involved too. You two can do this!
  • calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Your aunt would be proud of you! I think after so many attempts, we all need something to just "click" and we can finally do it. Sounds like you finally clicked!
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Good for you for taking a negative situation and turning it into a more positive and healthy life for yourself!
  • amygibson82
    amygibson82 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Your aunt would be proud of you! I think after so many attempts, we all need something to just "click" and we can finally do it. Sounds like you finally clicked!

My aunt was amazing and when I'm working out that is what I think about...Aunt Lynn would be soooooo proud of me!
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Your story is so inspirational. It's amazing how much drive we gain from trying to do our best for others. I hope you and your mom stick to this and do well :)

Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'd love to help you and motivate you on your journey!
  • delidot
    delidot Posts: 12
    Options
    I think this was your wake-call.....and your responded! Sometimes this happens and we do not respond. Please use this opportunity to your fullest capacity! We do not always get another chance! Good luck on journey...you absolutely can do this, if it is your heart's desire. Wishing you the most success.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!