Anybody out there doing "Made To Crave" Bible study?

Options
Hi,
I am in week three of Lysa Tyrkerst's bible study, Made to Crave. Just curious if anyone out there has done it or thinking of doing it. I am really enjoying it right now, but would love to have more input.

Replies

• Giovanni_P
    Giovanni_P Posts: 107
    Options
    Not to be rude, but your subject doesn't have anything to do with weight loss, or exercise. Which is what this website is about.
  • froth
    froth Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting...has it helped in your weight loss? Haven't heard of it.
  • froth
    froth Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Whatever helps people on their weight loss journey...if it doesn't apply to you, don't respond!
  • dnsrmr
    dnsrmr Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of this before. I'd be interested in reading what you have to post about it though. Whatever works for you it what this site is all about.
    Spiritual health is a wonderful start if this is what it's all about.
    Let us know and I think you'll get more comments as well.
    Go for what you desire.
    ~Dee
  • clarkane8
    clarkane8 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Not to be rude, but your subject doesn't have anything to do with weight loss, or exercise. Which is what this website is about.

Actually this does apply and I think it would be very helpful. I will probably go and buy this book now to help me on my journey. Thanks for introducing me to this!
  • brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Actually a quick Google search for Made To Crave reveals is made for people who are struggling with unhealthy eating habits and to help them reach a healthy goal. I would say that has a lot to do with weight loss.
  • kirstengirl
    Options

Sorry! The bible study is about weight loss and exercise and how we were meant to be healthy. If this post isn't approved of I will remove it.
    It has helped me think a lot about what I put into my body, but I still crave the bad stuff - namely sugar! I love sweets and breads and all kinds of goodies. BUT at least I am now thinking about it before I put it into my mouth, and ask is this good for me? (I often still eat it anyway.)
  • kirstengirl
    Options
    http://madetocrave.org/
    This gives a good introduction to the book/dvds.
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I would think that studying exercise physiology, nutrition, endocrinology, and psychology would help you more with weight loss and health than a Bronze Age book full of contradictions, violence against women, and lies.

Yikes! Calm down. I love how people feel the need to respond to things just to push their nasty opinions on others. If you don't agree then don't respond. It's as simple as that! PERIOD THE END.

Thank you for the suggestion on the book. I am going to pass it along to some others who I think would really enjoy it. :)
  • janineswenson
    janineswenson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Looks like you started reading this book 5 months ago. I've been on this site off and on for 5 years, but just found this book, 2 months ago. I already had all the knowledge about exercise, nutrition, and all the How to's, what I was lacking was the Want To.

Through studying this book with a group of friends this summer, the Lord has been faithful to show me why I've failed in the past and set me free from some of the lies that were holding me back.

Food/health were truly the last areas of my life that I would not allow God to touch, because I wanted all the control over it. This book (and our study group) has been a wonderful tool for finally laying it at His feet. I have more Non Scale Victories (NSV) than I've ever had in my life. I have also broken the guilt/failure/give-up until another time cycle which used to un-do everything that I'd worked for in the past.

I highly recommend doing this with a group of friends who are close enough to be honest with, tough enough to to hold each other accountable, and loving enough to want EVERYONE to succeed.

God Bless you in your walk.
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    A bible study about losing weight? That actually sounds pretty interesting. I'll have to look that one up.

and P.S. Don't listen to the haters. Whatever helps you lose weight is what you should do.
  • RedNeckGal1970
    Options
    I would think that studying exercise physiology, nutrition, endocrinology, and psychology would help you more with weight loss and health than a Bronze Age book full of contradictions, violence against women, and lies.

Whao, huh? Slow down there Turbo... what are you even talking about? Do you know? Stop hatin' and start living. Happy thoughts, deep breath... ahhh... there you go Miss Jerzypeach... just relax. You burn more calories when you are happy then unhappy. You make more friends when you are pleasant than unpleasant.

I think this book sounds amazing. I want to purchase it too. Maybe start a little study group of friends so we can support one another. It would be great to know more about it. Please keep posting what you learn from it. Ignore the ignorant people who were not taught manners such as respecting other peoples feeling, and treating others the way they want to be treated.

And no... this is NOT an inappropriate post there is no reason why you should have to remove it. this is supposed to be a supportive site and when we can't support, we should quiet ourselves and keep ugly opinions to ourselves... so you just go ahead on Kirstin and continue to share with those of us who would like to hear what you have to say.

Thanks for sharing about this book, what a great tool.
  • z1605
    z1605 Posts: 4
    Options
    Never heard of it. Can you lose weight on it. If not...............:
  • z1605
    z1605 Posts: 4
    Options
    AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am in week three of Lysa Tyrkerst's bible study, Made to Crave. Just curious if anyone out there has done it or thinking of doing it. I am really enjoying it right now, but would love to have more input.
    How do you know that for sure after reading only her first post? I'm not sure I understand why a person has to be so rude because they chose not to finish reading the post completely. :ohwell:

I think all she did was brought up a question on a particular book and if anyone on MFP has read it, that's what I got out of her post. Others then went on to discuss topics that may not belong on here due to MFP rules but the OP was asking about an eating plan and if anyone had heard/read about it.:flowerforyou:
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options

Whao, huh? Slow down there Turbo... what are you even talking about? Do you know? Stop hatin' and start living. Happy thoughts, deep breath... ahhh... there you go Miss Jerzypeach... just relax. You burn more calories when you are happy then unhappy. You make more friends when you are pleasant than unpleasant.
    I agree (and I like how you put it, it's true positive beats negative out any day!), often times we respond so quickly with a comment less than positive before we even fully understand what the post is about. If this thread started out talking about religion that would be one thing and that post would likely be removed due to rule infractions but that's not how it started out.

I'm not a religious person at all, I simply feel uncomfy when someone jumps in with rudeness before they know what they are talking about completely.:frown:
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    people need to chil out, it sounds like a very intetesting topic. Spirtual support can be a great help to some people so lets not get all naty about it.
    I'm not a religious person but i'm not gonna get rude about it. Theres also a thread on here about fasting over Ramadan do you want to go insult those people too?

I hope those of you that have read it have found something to help you on your journey. Good luck x
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I read the book, it's fantastic! Also the 21 day free devotionals based of it are fantastic as well. "Craving God".
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    13) Topics about politics, religion, or sexuality are not allowed and will be deleted. This includes posting images or signatures. Unfortunately, we have seen that topics about either of these subjects are highly likely to result in heated arguments and disputes. If you really wish to discuss either of these topics, please google political forums, religious forums, etc. - there are plenty of other places to express your views.

Unfortunately, these subjects are too controversial for an open forum. Mike is working on setting a way we can have private forums for discussions. Until then we must lock and/or delete anything with these as subject manner.

For example, if you talk about the book-and ways to lose weight learned from this-you would be OK. Talking about specifics of religion is prohibited.

I am going to lock and re-read the thread.

Arewethereyet
    MFP Moderator
This discussion has been closed.