New to the group! Need to eat more...

Options
Hello! My brother recommended I start using the app to track my calorie intake. Turns out I eat about a 3rd of what I should in a day.

The biggest problem is I'm incredibly picky, which I absolutely hate. This usually means me eating the same 5 food items every day, which is a pain and I usually forget or go as long as possible without eating, often time a small breakfast and nothing until after my 9 hour day of work.

I've joined here in hopes for help! I need quick, easy, and relatively healthy food items that can start expanding my pallet and hopefully help me be less picky!

Anyone else ever had this issue and overcome it?

I'm excited to be a part of this community!

Replies

• tibby1971
    tibby1971 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My son is incredibly picky. Thank the heavens for pediasure.

I’m not too terribly picky but I find myself in a similar rut with variety when it comes to eating healthy. Have you tried visiting an international farmers market?
    They have various different forms of similar items. For example: if you like sweet potatoes, there are several different kinds of sweet potato... including purple.
    I went today and came home with purple potatoes. They had several different types of pears and apples if you wanted to “play it safe” at first but they have some crazy weird stuff if you really want to be adventurous.

My coworker and I decided to “step outside” our comfort zones a couple of years ago. While neither of us was super picky, we started getting some of the weird fruits. We bring them to the office and share. Surprisingly, even our pickiest coworkers have ventured into trying some. I’ve found some I like, some I love and some I will never get again.
    Today I came home with a weird looking veggie. Indian Bittermelon.... the name probably should have been a warning but I ignored it, only to discover I bought one of the bitterest foods on the market.
  • tibby1971
    tibby1971 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hmmm it seems the board ate the last part of my post