Superdry made me fat again

Options
I've reached my goal. I've lost 30lbs and have been feeling quite pleased with myself. I'm now wearing a UK 12 with a couple of 10s...and I've even got a few S t-shirts. So, today, I went and tried on a top in Superdry. They looked small, so I tried a M and a L.....the M was too small and the L fit ok, but wasn't exactly flattering. How depressing is that?!?!?! I'm 5'3, 9 stone 9 (135lbs)....that's not LARGE is it????? :explode:

Perhaps I need to lose a bit more.

Replies

• NicoleLyn1818
    Options
    Different stores have different shirt sizes.....as well as pants. I can fit in some smaller sizes at some stores and have to go bigger at others. Don't feel discouraged, girl! :)
  • TheresaRichardson
    Options
    Different clothing sizes make me crazy. I hate it when a certain line runs small. It's them, not you!

Fabulous weight loss- you look great, my friend!
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Sizing in stores drives me crazy! They have stores up here like that too - their size L's are more like a S. Don't let their sizing chart ruin your day - you've done great - so ignore the tag in the back of the shirt, put it on, feel great and move forward. :D
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I actually agree with you. In most shops Large is like a uk 14-16 and I'd expect when I am 9stone 9 that I'm not wearing a Large anymore! I don't know where some shops get their sizes from. :/
  • ohdear1986
    ohdear1986 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    don't get me started, i am 5ft 7" and weigh 9 stone 0lb. and i vary from a size 8 to a size 14!!! i will never shop in hKm again. i refuse to wear a size 14!
  • crazycat828
    Options
    One word.. boycott!

:-) Congratulations on all your successes!
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    It's mad how different stores have such different sizes. Just today I bought a top and a dress in marks & sparks, size 10. I promise you, I'm NOT (yet) a size 10. Is is meant to make me feel better? As if I'm stupid enough to believe that I'm suddenly, overnight, a size 10... :noway:

I wouldn't worry about it, you've a perfect weight by the sounds of it, it's really only a label in a piece of clothing, doesn't mean a thing.
  • sooh2011
    sooh2011 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the lovely comments....while I can ignore labels to some extent, I think L was their largest size, so I'm too big to shop there! Oh well, I probably looked like mutton dressed as lamb even considering it anyway...:laugh: