New mom...need friends & motivation

Options
Hi
I am a new mom of a 8 week old baby boy

I gained 60 lbs in pregnancy, and have lost 20 lbs so far -- didn't do anything, I guess just the stress of taking care of a newborn along with sleepless nights did that.

I had a c section, and still struggling with a somewhat tender Keloid incision, but doc gave me the ok to workout.

I am also returning back to work in 1 week.

I have been trying to start 21 day fix for part one week, but my baby is still not sleeping through the night...and I just can't seem to be able to buckle down and start the workout ☹️

Looking forward for some friends & support

PS- I have tried everything under the sun to brestfeed,...just didn't happen for me ☹️ so baby is formula - fed. As I am not breast-feeding, I thought of closely managing my diet...and curiously started the ketogenic diet today. Not sure if I can stick with it, as it looks pretty hard so far...

Replies

• TheCaffeinatedMama
    Options
    Hi there!

Congratulations on the addition to your family! Boy or girl? As a First Time Mom (FTM) and also having had a c-section, I remember this struggle all too well. I am still trying to lose the last 28 pounds from my 50lb gain and my son is now 18 months. :neutral:

Life happens fast and you feel like nothing you are trying is working fast enough or you just don't have time. I have found motivation again and am using MFP to help track. I realize that when I have to write down what I eat I have a stronger aversion to eating at Burger King. LOL Convenience is key for FTMs, well all moms period.

How is the Ketogenic Diet going? Have heard good things about it, but personally I do think I can put butter in my coffee and I NEED my coffee.

Looking forward to chatting more.
    #CaffeinatedMama
  • lastfinaltry123
    lastfinaltry123 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey
    Thanks for ur message, and I just added u as a friend
  • gorilita
    gorilita Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am too a ftm (4 week old girl). I am looking for support in losing the extra weight. Add me as a friend so we can motivate each other.
  • alyssacheek44
    alyssacheek44 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a ftm to an almost 6 month old daughter. I have always been overweight only gained about 20lbs during my pregnancy but kept putting it on afterwards. I would like to lose 130lbs or just until I'm happy with what I see. I know with being a mom time for yourself is limited, especially a single mom. My daughter is very demanding and does not like to be set down much and is very fussy. I don't get much of anything done and tend to grab for the fastest thing to eat which is usually very unhealthy.
  • TheCaffeinatedMama
    Options
    I'm a ftm to an almost 6 month old daughter. I have always been overweight only gained about 20lbs during my pregnancy but kept putting it on afterwards. I would like to lose 130lbs or just until I'm happy with what I see. I know with being a mom time for yourself is limited, especially a single mom. My daughter is very demanding and does not like to be set down much and is very fussy. I don't get much of anything done and tend to grab for the fastest thing to eat which is usually very unhealthy.

Meal prep is your friend mama! We are all in this together! Let's do it for ourselves AND the babies!
  • Makingchanges17
    Makingchanges17 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm a FTM to a 7 week old boy and start back work in 2 weeks so right along there with you! You're not alone and you've got this mama! I'm always here!
  • suzannelleach
    suzannelleach Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm totally new to this for the most part. I've had the app for a long time but finally feel like I'm ready to really use it. I realized I need encouragement and was excited to see this thread. How does this work...do we always reply here? Do we add each other as friends? What is the best way for me to use this? Thanks for helping me with my initial cluelessness lol!